Chapter 12

"You," Mr. Stark raised his voice as I sat on a rock in front of him feeling like a child "You knew, you knew you couldn't kill, I didn't rush over to back you up I came because of what I witnessed with the soldiers or whatever they were that you completely massacred and then I walk in on you killing once again. You are no longer a child anymore you know the rules that were set-."

"What could I have done when it was a sudden ambush, they had more than 20 people stationed at the 18-wheeler, Bucky killed as well!"

"No Artemisia he didn't..."

"I heard his gunshots."

"He hit areas where they could've survived, you," Mr. Stark sighed before messing up his hair "you used someone's body as a shield, you slit their throats, you almost killed Bucky when you threw a dagger at him."

I lower my head as I sigh frustrated "I can't change what I do over night, not even in weeks, I can't just stop the way I do things because you all don't agree with it."

"It's murder, what you do is murder Artemisia, you know your strong and can not die easily, you could've taken a few hits now and then to spare a life," I felt my heart sink as I look at the ground "you are a hero now, hero's do not kill."

"No don't you dare say that because you know damn well, I'm not one of you guys," I mumbled.

"It's the reality! You have been recruited by me! You are making ME look bad every time you kill do you understand? Every person, thing, or whatever that you leave behind comes back to me. We can be using them as prisoners and interrogate them to know what's going on the other side! I can't believe I have to put this in words to explain to you that what you're doing is wrong!"

"Why should I care?"

"Care to remind you about this huge favor I'm doing for you huh? I have more important things to do yet I'm doing this for you, the least thing I asked for you is to stop killing so Steve can get off my ass and I can work on new equipment for the team."

I hum annoyed.

"Artemisia I'm going to take you off missions till you get your shit together you understand? We will have a meeting back at the building with the team about what went down here today, I can't guarantee that Steve will not find out about this, and-," he stops and glances at the body of Murillo "help me clean up the bodies to get them a proper burial," he sighed as I stay silent and take a deep breath.

"You know I had no choice, right?"

"In your eyes it seemed like it," Mr. Stark looked at me.

"There was no choice," I mumbled as I grab my gun laying next to Murillo's body and picked up her body slowly as I handed her over to Bucky who looked at me with no expression. I walk towards the creature and cut it open as I find the remains of the child feeling my emotions falter a bit as my breath hitched at what is left "no choice," I whispered to myself as I remember the horror she had on her face, she wouldn't have been able to handle this.

I know she couldn't have.

__

"How are you feeling after everything?" Clovis asked as I sat in the meeting room as my hands shook lightly out of impatience.

"What?" I mumbled.

"Arte," he mumbled as I kept my eyes forward as Thor sits on the other side of the table with a disappointed look. I turned my head away from him, just with that I knew that everyone found out about what happened and what I did, but I have no reason to feel ashamed for what I did.