For Keeps

She didn't do it.

Even though God knows how much this will anger Taehyung, Haewon did not let the baby go. She wanted to keep it, this was like a dream to her. So she kept it and took care of it for all that she might, even if there's nothing that Taehyung could not know about, she'd risk it. She's a mother from now on, might as well act like it.

"Tired?" Haewon welcomed him with a comforting smile. Taehyung just nodded at her.

Deafening silence creeps between them until dinner. No one dared to talk after their previous argument about the unborn child. Thing is, Taehyung tried to convince himself that maybe, raising a kid wouldn't be that bad; they're financially stable, the baby will have good uncles and aunties, great grandparents—but he's the problem. Taehyung is just not ready for this lifelong commitment.

Taehyung is an ambitious man. The money. The power. His name written with glorious phrases of magazines and news. He lives up to his fame and honor, admiring how people look up to him so highly. Big thanks to his own hard works that paid off so well that he has all the right to savor every success that he has. But despite of already having these, he still wanted more. More of every single thing he has; more of everything—but he cannot have it while being a father; while he has a kid on the way and has to take care of it.

Being a father is a huge responsibility and Taehyung knows that he can't be a father if he's not there for his child. A child is not on his list, never been and will never be. He can't work his ass off everyday knowing that he has to go home early and tell bedtime stories for his kid. He just can't raise one right now—he doesn't know how.

"We'll be out of town on Monday." he simply said to his wife as he wipes his mouth with a napkin, finishing his dinner. Haewon blinked at him in disbelief.

"B-But you just went to New York last week?" she said softly.

"Out of town or out of the country, Haewon. You pick." he stared intensely as he put down the napkin on the table. She just bowed her head in defeat, her mind leaving her senses as she played with her food unconsciously while hundreds of worst scenarios played inside her head. Can she travel while carrying a child inside her? How can she hide it from Taehyung and everybody else?

"Lucky you I got to dodge the offer to Morocco. I don't want to travel that far for a six-year contract with just half of what I earn yearly. So I just stick to the one that's nearer and can give me twice as much." he said.

"I'll start to pack my things. Pack yours too asap, alright?" he continued. She's too lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice that Taehyung was not in front of her anymore and already stood up to put his plates on the sink.

"What about the baby?"

"Y-Yeah! Sure!" she chuckled, hiding the sting in her chest.

*•°*•°*•°*