CHAPTER 4

"Please tell me you have a match?"

Bo Mi shrieked and jumped. "Unnie!" She turned around and sulked at the visitors.

Byul grinned while Seulgi laughed out loud.

"You shrieked! I didn't know you could shriek." Seulgi pointed at the sulking young woman.

"Sorry, Bo Mi-ah..." Byul patted Bo Mi's arm before walking towards the large screen. "So do they match?"

"No. Sorry, Unnie." Bo Mi clicked the computer mouse and two pictures of bullets appeared on the large screen, displayed side by side. "The left one is the bullet we pulled from the floating man and the right one is from the first gun you confiscated tonight. Same caliber but as you can see, different striations."

"Different barrels," Byul mumbled - furrowing her eyebrows. "What about the second gun?"

Bo Mi pressed a button on her computer keyboard and the pictures changed. "That one isn't the same caliber."

"So we're back to square one." Seulgi sighed.

"Sorry, Unnie," Bo Mi said.

"Not your fault, Bo Mi-ah." Seulgi smiled at the neat young lady in white lab coat. She then realized that Byul was still staring at the screen now displaying all three different bullets. "Byul?"

No answer.

"Yo! Byul!" Seulgi increased the volume of her voice.

"H-huh?" Byul snapped out of her thoughts then turned around. "Sorry. Was just thinking." She then looked at Bo Mi.

"Did you check the gun for prints?"

Bo Mi nodded. "All prints I found on each gun are from its owner only."

"No other prints?"

Bo Mi shook her head. "These guys keep their guns clean inside and out. I even swiped the barrel but there's nothing there. And neither had been recently fired."

"What about the trace you got off the floater? Can you link any of them to these two?"

"No, Unnie. Sorry. We didn't have much to begin with, remember? Clean shot to the head then a push into the river. No prints, no transfer on the clothes and everything else was pretty much ruined by the water." Bo Mi put up all the photos of the evidences on the large screen.

Byul took a deep breath as her eyes scanned the photographs. "There's gotta be something else. I feel like we're missing something."

"There are other bookies and other thugs, you know. These two might not be the one who shot Joong Heon," Seulgi said.

"Byul..." Hwasa suddenly walked in the lab. "I know what the K 10.30 means."

Byul turned around to face Hwasa and raised her eyebrows. "Joon-gook?"

"Yeah. He said K is for Kitty and 10.30 is the time he was supposed to meet her."

"What?"

"We busted him right before he was about to meet Kitty and give her her cut," Hwasa explained.

"So there's a chance that that woman was in the crowd?!" Byul realized with a shock. "No wonder I had that strange feeling," she muttered as she approached Bo Mi. "Can you get me recordings from Itaewon station's CCTV starting from 10 PM tonight?"

She nodded. "It should be archived by now since it has past midnight." She began to type in her computer. "Let me see if I can access the database-... Yup. Here you go. 10 PM."