CHAPTER 10

The second night went smoothly as Byul and WheeIn repeated the routine they had gone through the night before.

"Goodnight." Byul left the bedroom.

She dialed Jimin's number. "Hey, how did it go? Did he talk?" She sat down on the couch, lying down and closing her eyes.

"No. He only asked for a lawyer. Seulgi had told him what we're charging him with though."

"Okay good. Just let it sink in. I'll deal with him in the morning. You guys go home and get some rest."

"I'm already walking out of the station," Jimin said.

"Good. Seulgi too?"

"Yes. She left a few minutes ago."

"Okay then. Thanks, Jimin."

"No problem. See you tomorrow, Byul."

Byul hung up.

"Byul?"

She sat up when she heard WheeIn's voice. She saw WheeIn standing at the bedroom door. "Why are you up?"

"Can we go visit Hwasa tomorrow?"

"Sure. I'm planning to go see her too. During lunch maybe," Byul answered.

"Okay then." WheeIn didn't move.

"What's wrong?" Byul looked at WheeIn's confused face.

"I... err..." WheeIn changed her mind. "Nothing. Goodnight." She turned around and went back inside the bedroom.

Byul raised her eyebrows. What was that about? She lay back down and closed her eyes. The events of the day tired her out and she fell asleep within minutes.

WheeIn sat down on the bed. She had wanted to sneak out to take a better look at his picture but then she heard Byul on the phone. She thought she should ask for Byul's permission but was afraid that it would only make things awkward between them again so she changed her mind.

She was curious though. She had a feeling that he was the reason behind Byul's rapid changes of behavior and she knew she was almost never wrong.

WheeIn lay down carefully. After a near death experience and another threat on her life, she knew that life was too short to be filled with doubts and fears. She liked Byul although she still wasn't sure to what extent. The only thing she was sure of was that she wanted Byul to like her too. Now how am I supposed to make that happen?

-----------------------------------------------------

Byul quietly walked towards the bed. She kneeled down next to it. "Good morning," she said as she gently nudged WheeIn's upper arm. "Sorry to wake you but we have to be at the station in an hour."

WheeIn groaned, turning away from Byul.

Byul chuckled. She found this behavior cute. "Come on. Wake up, Wheepup." She stood up and slightly shook WheeIn's shoulder.

"Five more minutes..."

Byul sat down on the edge of the bed. She nudged WheeIn's hip with her elbow. "Get up. You're not in school anymore, Gabriela."

"Not my second name," WheeIn mumbled. Her eyes were still closed.

Byul chuckled. "Would you rather stay home today? I'll send one of the boys to accompany you."