I miss you || Taelice

Author's POV

It was Father's Day.

Kim Yeonjun stared around his class. Everyone's father were there with them. Only he stood there alone. He didn't have a question like ' where's is my dad? '. Cause he already knew his mother told him all the stories about his dad.

The reason why his dad isn't with him too. He was only 10 years old. A truth was told to him on his 10th birthday by his mother.

He was surely too young to handle the reason why his father isn't with them. But his mother Lisa didn't care about anything or anyone who told her to not tell him.

She wanted her son to know the reason. She wanted her son to know who was his dad.

" Yeonjun dear, are you alright? Do you need anything? " His class teacher asked him sweetly.

" No Miss, I am fine " he answered her.

" Okay dear as you say. But where's your mom, she hasn't arrived? Is she going to be late? "

" Yes Miss she hasn't arrived. But don't worry Miss she arrive soon, you can start the program. "

" Alright, we will be starting then. You can go and sit. "

He just nodded and stood up walking towards his seat beside his cousin Yeji. Who is the daughter of his uncle Kim Namjoon and aunt Kim Jennie.

" Are you alright bud? " His uncle asked him.

He just nodded his head.

"Where's is Lisa? She hasn't arrived? She's always the first one to come on these days though. " Namjoon asked.

" Uncle you know mom, she is never late, specially on a day like this. So you can tell she must be occupied with her work. "

Namjoon just stares at the boy wondering how intelligent he is and how he understands his mother. Just the same way she does too. Nonetheless tho he wanted to ask more he just nodded.

Soon the program started with kids and their fathers doing a special performance.
Some of the kids were singing with their dads some were dancing and doing magic shows too.

His roll call was last so he didn't have to worry. He just sat their watching them and waiting for his mom.

Soon everyone was done and it was his turn.
His homeroom teacher called him and he looked back at the entrance of his class to see if his mom has arrived. But Lisa was nowhere.

His teacher then told him its okay his mother must be busy. And he can do the show on next Father's Day with his mom.

He was not angry with his mother. He knew she was doctor and her profession requires her at hospital most of the time. He knew his mom must be stuck in emergency case.

He was going to agree with the teacher to just cancel their name. But then he remembered his mother's word.

" I am so proud of you Jun, you are the best son in this world. You know my profession requires me to be at the hospital most of the time. "

" I know mumma, you don't have to tell me that I understand you. And you are the best mom in this world! "

"Thank you baby" she said looking lovingly at her son. She was just staring him.

Until Yeonjun cupped her cheeks and asked her " Mom you always look at me lovingly but why is your eyes telling me something more? If you have to tell me something you can Eomma "

She sighed and looked down and again looked up with a small smile playing on her lips. Just wondering only one thing. How did she get so lucky to have such a understanding son?

" You are right, I have something to tell you.
You know baby I am always there with you. But some day you have to survive on your own. One day you will have to live without me-"

" Mom are you going somewhere!? Please don't leave me! You love me right!? You will not leave me then right!? " said Yeonjun in panic thinking his mother is gonna leave him.

"Junjun Shhhhh no mumma is not leaving you." she said hugging him gently but firmly.

He calmed down in his mother's embrace.
She then motioned him to stay quiet and

"Okay mumma"

"I know you are brave and intelligent boy. So if you feel scared, just close your eyes pray to God and imagine that mumma is by your side dear. "

" I will perform Miss. " He said confidence oozing out of his eyes.

"Okay dear if you want, but what are you gonna perform alone?" his teacher asked him smiling warmly and proudly at him.

He walked towards the class stage and closed his eyes. Then with a deep breath, as his mother told him he prayed to God and imagines his mother's smiling face.

He opened his eyes slightly nervous with all the eyes on him, but managed to calm down as his cousin and his uncle gave him a sweet smile and nodded.

"Hello everyone! Nice to meet you all. And I wish all the fathers here Happy Father's Day.
As you all know my mom is always the first one to be present on days like these but today she hasn't arrived yet. And I know for sure that she must be occupied with her patients. I and mom always performed together and even today we were going to perform. But as she is not here, I have a story to tell. "

He stopped and looked at everyone, when he saw that everyone was listening him carefully he continued.

" I want you all to listen the love story of my mom and dad. She told me this on my 10th birthday. Are you willing to listen? If not you can tell me" he said smiling slightly.

"So would you like to listen? "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forgive me that I didn't update Lismin one shot's part 2. I am still working on it.

But then I got another idea so I wrote it and published.

Forgive your author🙂💕