chapter 8:

Yall children are always hungry what the hell?

Why do some of you want smutt what the hell 💀
Like I'm doing it soon jeez i wouldn'tmake sense yet- horni children-

_____________________________________________

Madeleine's pov (1st person)

We were both sat quietly for a while. Espresso seemed to like the donuts Latte brought for us.

"This is ridiculous"

"Remember when we used to be the best of friends?" I decided I wanted to try to start a conversation.

"When we were just children. Yes." The mage had turned to face Madeleine "Why do you ask?"

"What drove us apart Espresso?"

"We had never been very good friends. We may just be too different to be..."

"Relationships are supposed to difficult no? How will two ever learn if they don't make mistakes? What is there to learn from?"

We sat in silence once again. That was until the mage let out a sigh and got up.

"This truly was... Interesting... But I must continue my work." The coffee cookie started to walk off.

Without thinking I got up, grabbed Espresso's arm and pulled him into a big hug. "You don't understand how much you mean to me my dear Espresso."

Espresso didn't say anything he just hid his face from me.

"Espresso dear I don't want you to be locked up in that laboratory all day."

"Why do you care about me so much?" Espresso's voice had a nervous tone which was pretty rare.

I only have one way to answer this question. Well I'm going to have to risk it. It's now or never...

"Espresso, it's because I love you"

Everything was quiet for a moment then Espresso's wobbly voice could be heard "I love you too"

Was he trying to hold in tears? Maybe that's why he's hiding his face. I gently lifted Espresso's head so that I couldn't see his face clearly and he just started crying. Alot.

I quickly pulled him back into a hug. "I'm so sorry dear was it a bad time to say that?" I panicked.

Espresso just kept crying so I picked him up and started to walk to my cookie house. The smaller cookie rested his head on my shoulder.

Eventually we got to my cookie house and Espresso had fallen asleep. I had to try to unlock, open and then close and lock the door quietly to not wake him up.

I let Espresso sleep in my bed but this time he wouldn't let go of me. So I lay next to him and eventually fall asleep too.
_____________________________________________