𝟎𝟎

best read with:
mobile, beige mode, palatino, smallest font

𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀

caroline carlisle grabbed her shoes and headed for the door.

"arnie, come on, let's go!" she shouted, waiting by the banister of the grand staircase

"give me a minute, damn!" he said, buttoning up his hawaiian shirt, and stepping quickly down the stairs.

"watch that language, young man!" their mother shouted from the kitchen.

"sorry mom!" arnie shouted.

"come on, let's go. I wanna see if val is at the boardwalk," caroline stated.

"she's not going to be if you didn't ask to meet her there. that place is kinda disgusting," arnie said.

"it's charming!" caroline retorted.

"whatever," arnie started. "hey, mom, will dad be off work when we get home? i need to talk to him about something."

"depends on what time you get back. he gets off at around 2:30 today," she explained as she walked over to them.

"okay, that should work," he said.

caroline grabbed a big claw clip and put her hair up. she unlocked the four locks on the front door and started to turn the handle.

"hey, you two, be careful," their mom said, putting her arms on their shoulders.

"mom, dad had us trained us in self-defense from the age of five, we'll be okay," caroline said.

"alright, have fun you two. don't stay out too late!" their mom said as she walked back into the kitchen.

"bye mom!" caroline said.

"yeah, bye mom!" arnie added.

the kids walked outside and shut the door behind them.

"race you to the bottom of the hill?" arnie suggested.

caroline didn't say anything. she looked her brother in the eyes, turned quickly, and sprinted full speed. before she knew it, she had reached the bottom. she turned around and saw her brother quite far behind.

"loser!" she shouted. arnie tried to slow himself down but ended up tripping and falling over, scraping his knees and the palms of his hands trying to catch himself on the asphalt. caroline stifled her laughter. 

"not even a minute outside and you already hurt yourself. good going, arnaldo," caroline teased. 

"thanks a lot, carol anne," he said pushing himself off the ground. "i'm not the one who did track and field in high school." 

he brushed his hands off to get the small rocks off. he noticed his hands and knees were bleeding a bit but didn't care. what he did care about was the fact he landed on his front, and his phone was in his front pocket. he checked and the worst came true: his screen was cracked.

"as soon as we come home i'm telling dad and he's gonna make you pay,' arnie said.

"oh great, one more thing that dad can hate me for," caroline said, half-joking.