𝟎𝟐

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊

𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌-𝑇𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸 𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅𝑆 𝐴𝐺𝑂...

"he'll be fine, it's just a fracture, mae," said a man in the hospital waiting room, trying to calm his wife down.

"yes, but it's in his skull, clark! i don't want my son to have brain damage for the rest of his life!" said his wife, worried sick.

"they said it was just a small one, dear," he said, trying to deescalate her hysteria.

"yes, but i heard even small ones can have big consequences! this is why i said to pull him out of football!" the woman cried.

"mae, without him the football team would be nothing! we'd lose to lovers leap if we didn't have him." he explained.

the doors suddenly opened into the waiting room.

"mr. and mrs. carlisle? dr. lee would like to see you, if you could please come with me," explained a nurse. the carlisles got up, with mrs. carlisle drying her eyes.

they could only pray the hospital room was less of a bloodbath than the locker room where they found their son. the nurse showed them in. on the bed lie their son, asleep.

"oh! my baby boy!" mrs. carlisle said, rushing over to the bedside. mr. carlisle followed behind her shortly. the nurse left the room and shut the door behind her. the doctor walked over to them after washing his hands.

"hello mr. and mrs. carlisle. how are you doing now?" he asked.

"obviously my wife is still hysterical," mr. carlisle said. "so what's going on with our son?"

"like we said before, he had a long but small fracture along his skull. we got him all stitched up to prevent it from getting worse, so he will have a scar. the only other bad news is that it may take up to six months to fully heal, meaning he won't be able to play for the rest of the season." dr. lee explained.

"what?" mr carlisle said, surprised. mrs. carlisle looked up at her husband giving him a look of 'what else did you think would happen?' she checked her watch.

"oh my god, it's 4pm!" she exclaimed. "I've got to pick up emilia from school!"

she gave her son a kiss of the forehead, and her husband a kiss on the cheek, as she thanked the doctor for everything and rushed out of the room.

"so, what's the damage?"

"we're looking at around $20,000."

"holy sh-"

𝑷𝑹𝑬𝑺𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑫𝑨𝒀...

mayor kip carlisle sat at his desk, fiddling with a paperclip, staring at his computer's screen. he put his hand on his head and felt the scar from a surgery he got when he was seventeen, feeling guilty that he survived such an incident but that his daughter could not.

suddenly there was a knock on the door, which made kip practically jump out of his chair. he looked in the mirror, and straightened his suit out, along with fixing his hair to hide his scar. he opened the door only to see his wife, eyes red from sobbing.