Chapter one

I walk downstairs to Alice prepping up my plate with breakfast; toasts and eggs, my favourite. I walk over to her and sit next to her.

"Good morning Axel, hope you're hungry because I made more." She laughed. How is she so happy all the time? I shoot her a smile and she smiles back at me. I start to eat my breakfast.

Alice isn't my mother, but she is someone I do look up to since I was a kid. She took my parent's place after they randomly disappeared and left Ace and I alone in her care. So fucking stupid in my opinion, giving your kids to your best friend to only never speak to neither of them again. Sounds like something you'd find in a book or something.

I finish my breakfast and head upstairs to take a shower and change clothes, Alice does the same. I decided to wear a little dress, it is a formal family dinner after all.

I walk downstairs and notice Alice in her usual tight skirt and v cut shirt, the woman is in her mid thirties and she's over here looking like she's in her early twenties, it amazes me a lot. Yet, she's still single and not married with... kids of her own.

We walk to the car and fasten our seatbelts and we hit the road. I look at my phone and notice that my big brother Ace has been messaging me for a while now. I message back.

48 unread messages.

Axel, where are you?
Are you guys coming?
Hello???
Are you guys dead or something?
Quit ignoring me Axel, I'm getting annoyed.

It never stopped, I love him but he's definitely annoying.

"I think you should answer him, Axel. He hates it when you ignore him like this." I hear from next to me. I look over and see Alice looking at the road with a smile. She likes it when we get along or show signs we care for each other, I don't know why. It's weird.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll tell him we're on our way." I say, rolling my eyes.