44. 𝒪𝓋ℯ𝓇.

.Izzy.
10 pm

I poured myself a glass of red wine as soon as I got home

I poured myself a glass of red wine as soon as I got home. Stripping from the pink linen I wore for the performance earlier, I slipped on my white bath robe. I let my long black hair completely down from it's previous style.

I turned on some tunes, deciding on Yesterday by the Beatles, one of my favorite songs by them. I'd always play this when I felt a little down during my last depression phase in high school.
.
.

.
.

Placing the wine glass down on the sink of my gold and white dimly lit bathroom, I ran the bath water. I turned the water all the way over to hot, adding my warm vanilla sugar scented bubble subs to it. Once the bathtub filled, my bare feet slowly crept towards medicine cabinet against the cold marble floor as if somebody was watching me.

As hard as this is, I'm tired.

I stood in front of the cabinet for a good 30 seconds, trying to convince myself not to give in, but my mind is set. Finally opening it, I retrieved the small bottle of Hydroxyurea and sat it on the counter next to my wine. Taking a step back, I stared at the two items that could terminate me within minutes. Surprisingly, I feel nothing but nervousness about my slightly impulsive decision. Not nervous about death itself, but about how my death will affect the people around me.

What will happen to the group?

How will Tehmina cope?

How will my parents cope? I'm sure my dad wouldn't care, but what about my mom?

What about the boys of Jodeci? Will they care?

DeVante...what about DeVante.

What about him right? He has Bianca now, she'll help him get over it.

How will this feel? I've never done this before. I've never even come close to death much less succeeded.

Suddenly something came to mind. I know someone who came close to death. I walked to my room and retrieved my house phone from the side drawer near my bed and dialed his number.

"Hello?"

"Kurt..."

(A/N: If y'all can remember Kurt Cobain appeared in the book in chapter 27. Kurt is a friend to all the girls of EXIT and went to high school with them)

"Izzy! How you doing strawberry shortcake?"

I smiled slightly at his now 6 year nickname for me. My voice cracked with emotion, as I realized that this will be the last conversation I have with one of my closest friends. The surround sound speakers in my house now softly played Let That be Enough by Switchfoot in the background.