When Destiny decides

Story happens 18 years ago

"Oh, that girl? she is a number one flirt, have you ever seen her with any girls other than her two besties, wherever she is she will be surrounded at least by 3-4 boys, wonder who is she going to pick"

This is the popular opinion that goes around about her in her college.

It  is been a year, initially these remarks hurt her a lot but eventually she learned to live with it. 

"How can I change my character just because they are unable to understand it or comprehend" is her thought

She is an extreme extrovert which her fellow students couldn't handle at all at the era of time. The boys found it fascinating, many wanted to be around her just to experience her carefree, open book attitude.

At a time when girls thought talking to boys is a crime she will go around openly complimenting a guy's look, hair cut and dress.

When girls struggled to initiate conversation even academically with boys, she would go around calling them to cut class and join her in the cafeteria or a short ride in their bike somewhere or to a newly released movie.

When girls hide being friends with boys, she would invite them to her hostel entrance or canteen to introduce to her parents who had come to visit her.

She knew not every guy who is trying to get close to her has good intentions at heart but since she never let them into her personal space beyond a point, only those who really wanted to be her friend stayed.

She was too much to handle even for the lecturers around, every now and then one of them will call and give a huge list of advise on how to behave like a girl. Once when she, two of her girl besties and few boys came back together at 7:30 pm to the hostel, they called their parents, other two cried, but she could care less as she knew what her parents response would be, the trust they had on her is immense which is one reason she stayed herself despite getting slut shamed every now and then.

"She is a b****, who likes having the attention around her, do you see, she even hangs out casually with the guy who proposed to her last week despite rejecting him, I don't even know what to call that attitude" -- girl 1

"What I don't understand is how are these guys tolerating her? Have you ever seen her with any other girls other than her two besties, poor girls even they don't have other girl friends because of her" -- girl 2

"The boys stay with her because she grants them what they want, I have heard she had already slept with more than one in her group, they are just waiting around her for their chance."-- whispered girl 3

She knew all these stories that is spun around her, slowly the guys stopped talking to her as they didn't want their name to get tarnished. 

Despite acting casual, she would be lying to herself if she said that none of these affected her. Her two besties stayed with her as pillar of support giving their shoulder to her whenever she wanted to lean on.

It was a long weekend and she wanted to get away from all the negativity, so she decided to meet some of her old school friends and stay over at her Perimma's (Aunt) place and relax.

She had extreme fun meeting her school friends after quite some time. They were enjoying around when one of the friend's mobile blinked with message.

Let us call her D for conversational sake

He saw the message and sighed

"Yaaru machan?" asked friend 1

"Vera yaaru namma samiyaar dhaan, inikku night group studykku reminder anupirkaan" friend 2 replied