Chapter 29: Reconstructed

Rhodes Island/Downcast
Medical ward
17:44

Anastasia stood behind a glass pane separating the room. She watched in utter silence as medical operators mingled inside the ward. Lucia, Liv and Sophia was inside, each laying down on separate beds. They were being treated by medical operators, courtesy of Rhodes Island.

She was surprised by the vast amount of modern equipment used by this not-so-ordinary pharmaceutical company. Their medical equipment was on par, or would nearly reach the current state of Babylonia's equipment. And in terms of professionalism, the entirety of the island was functioning in an avant-garde manner.

"U-Uhm...Miss Nightangle, where's Commandant?" Liv, who was lying on the medical bed, asked the medic who was treating her. She was a young woman wearing a white dress, and sported long, blonde hair. A pair of horns was also visible on her head.

"Ah, you mean the tall girl? S-She's over there," Nightangle pointed her index finger at the glass window leading outside the room, "she seems very troubled about what happened. Are you close with her?" Nightangle asked as she examined the blood sample she got from Liv.

"It seems so.." Liv muttered.

"Seems so? She carried you the entire time you were unconscious." Nightangle said while clasping Liv's hands. "It feels great when someone cares about you, right?"

"E-Eh? Commandant did that?" Liv blushed after envisioning the scene were she was being carried by Anastasia.

"Try standing up."

"Roger." Lucia responded and stood up. She took a few steps forward, and seemed to be getting the hang of it. "My body feels...different. Why is that?" she asked as she pinches the skin on her arm. It felt so real, not the kind of synthetic skin she had before. Was she in a game or something?!

The door swung open, revealing Kalt'sit and Anastasia. The operators exchanged courtesy, especially to the lynx lady. They both stopped beside Lucia's bed.

"Commandant, do you know what happened?" Lucia asked, her eyes filled with a mix of curiosity and anxiousness.

"Dr. Kalt'sit?" Anastasia glanced to the person beside her. The three constructs focused their eyes on her.

"My hypothesis is that, when the three of you stepped on Terra, your bodies reverted back into human form." Kalt'sit said and showed the three girls the results of their check up. "Indeed, you're human now. But your bodies are four or five times tougher than the average Terran. I don't know how is this possible, but it's a phenomenon only for constructs like you." She informed them. The three took the news better than Anastasia expected.

Sophia raised her hand. She was being treated by Sussuro, and she was more than happy to see someone smaller than her. Everyone towers over her, especially Anastasia's figure.

"Dr. Does that mean...we could eat..real food?"

Liv and Lucia stared at Anastasia, eyes with surprise, when the thought of eating food entering their mind. "C-Can we Commandant?" Liv asked while fiddling with her thumb. This action instantly melted the ice cold barrier in Anastasia's heart. She instinctively extended her hand and ruffles Liv's silken hair. Who wouldn't surrender at that cute sight?

"You can. But after resting. Now that you guys are humans, though temporary, best you go get some sleep." Anastasia remarked and also pats Lucia and Sophia's head. Kalt'sit watched the event unfold with interest. She took note on how Anastasia would appear cold on the outside, but was still a bit human on the inside.

"We have spare beds in the dormitory, Andreanna will lead the way." Kalt'sit gestured at the purple haired lady and she hummed in agreement.

"Commandant, how about you? You haven't slept for 2 days now." Lucia frowned as soon as she saw Anastasia going towards the door.