New School

Ichigo's POV

"Magical Macaron! Sweet Romance Card! Come on Out!" "That's the last one Ichigo"

"Great, now let's eat some and-"

"Search for culinary schools?"

"Ye-Yes that's exactly what I was going to say" I said with a sweat drop thinking of watching a movie instead of looking up some schools.

"Okay, so where to start?" I said going to the living room with some sweets, sitting down, and opening my laptop.

"Try to look up 'Culinary Schools' and then we'll see the options" Vanilla suggests while eating a chocolate-filled macaron.

"Alright, let's see 'Cu-li-nary Schools', Oh! I found a list!" I said excitedly "Read it!" Vanilla said flying over to see the screen.

"Um...Fleurir Confectionary Academy, St. Marie, of course, Pan de Peace Academy, Gourmet Graffiti Academy-"

"Ne Ichigo, which culinary school is number 1?" Vanilla asked, I just stared at the laptop screen confused but still typed and answered.

"It says that 'Tōtsuki Academy' is the top culinary school and a very vigorous one in which aspiring chefs are encouraged to develop their own style of cooking forte and push it to the maximum limits. While cooking is the primary focus for the Tōtuski curriculum, students are still taught standard subjects, like math and writing. Students are only accepted after passing an entrance exam, requiring them to prepare a dish under a specific theme and pass the exam proctor's judgment."

"WOW! Vanilla! That means I just need to cook or bake in order to pass the entrance exam! I'm so glad that the entrance exam isn't a subject test" I said making a relieving crying face.

"Yeah that's good and all, but don't forget that you have to 'prepare a dish under a specific theme', meaning that they might give you an ingredient like vegetables or proteins that are not meant to be in a dessert since the school is not only for aspiring pâtissiers but also for aspiring chefs" Vanilla pointed out, and I deflated realizing she was right.

"But with me as your teacher, I'll help you practice all kinds of global desserts so you'll be ready for any ingredient! And help you study so you won't get expelled!! " Vanilla said proudly fisting the air encouraging me.

"Wait. What do you mean 'so I don't get expelled?" I ask her confused and scared.

"Yeah, it says here-" she said flying closer to the laptop screen "see, it says 'As a privately owned academy, the school board has the authority and the freedom to expel any student at any time, and may expel students if their work does not meet their expectations.' and 'Nearly every failing grade is almost guaranteed to result in immediate expulsion, and there are numerous mandatory class events that are designed to whittle down the number of students, leaving only the best of the best and eliminate any students without great potential.'" Vanilla finishes reading while I just stare re-reading the last sentence with a scared face, I turn to see Vanilla.

"Don't worry Ichigo! You have me!" she said very proudly I just stared at her more scared.

"Hey! I may not be one of the 'Sweet Jerks' but I'm also smart and I'll prove it by helping you, that's a sweet spirits job after all." she said crossing her arms and turning her head.

"I'm sorry Vanilla. Okay! I'll be in your care!" I tell her with a smile and Vanilla smiles back "Likewise" she says giving me her hand to shake and I do.

"Alright! We are going to Tōtsuki Academy! Now, I'll I need is to apply and schedule a test day" I said fired up.

"And tell your family about it too, so you can do some shopping and go to the library to get some books about desserts around the world and cooking because I think it would be a good idea to learn since it is mostly a cooking school than baking, and books on French, English, Math, Food Science and Economics" Vanilla says thinking and counting her fingers when naming the five subject books.