[ 2 ] Tʀᴀɪᴛᴏʀ

Third-person POV

Third-person POV

Y/n is now 18 years old, at the age to succeed the throne. Y/n has been training and sneaking out of the castle to help her citizens survive another day. She knows that her father will never knowledge her, but she hopes he will knowledge the damage he is doing his people.

As y/n is looking for scrolls on herbs that can treat poison, a scroll fell on her head. She grabbed and walked to the other side of the shelf only to see a glimpse of someone running away. That's weird.

She took the scrolls she needed and the scroll that fell on her head to her room. In her room, she sees Yona going through her stuff.

"Can I help you, Yona?"

"Oh. You're back. I wondering if I could wear the hairpin that Soo-Won gave you on your 16th birthday." As she already had the pin in her hand.

"Don't you have your own hairpins?" As y/n walks to her desk and placed all the scrolls down

"Don't you have your own hairpins?" As y/n walks to her desk and placed all the scrolls down. "Shouldn't you be getting ready? I heard Soo-won arrives today."

"What? I didn't know that." Yona rushes out, leaving y/n's room a mess. Sui-Mei walked in after bumping into Yona.

"Oh my lord. What happened in here?" Placing a tray of food on the side for y/n.

"Yona is what happened." Sui-Mei started placing everything back where they belong, while y/n ate her food. "I see that you still wear the necklace."

"Yes. It's like a good luck charm for me. Oh and if anyone ask for me, please inform them that I'm feeling under the weather. Thank you." Sui-Mei bowed and left the room.

Now, let's see what's in this scroll. After reading the information in the scroll, y/n was baffled and furious. In the scroll, it had information of the illness that killed her mother. It was an illness King II plan to reduce reparations to the citizens because of the war between the Kouka Kingdom and Kai Empire. There were two other names that were involved in the development of the illness. He could've saved her. He's the reason she's dead.

Y/n POV

As I approached my father's room, I bumped into Soo-won.

"Hello, Princess Y/n. I heard you were ill but I see you're doing fine." Seeing the confused look, I just laughed.

"I'm sorry to have worried you. I just didn't feel like interacting with Yona's guest right now."

"I'm quite hurt that you didn't want to greet me but it's understandable with the relationship between you two have. Just know, I'll alway have time for you." Why does she get to have both of them?

"Y/n. Y/n! You've been starring at me for a while. What are you thinking of?" He placed his forehead on mine to see if I really was sick. Too close.

"I'm fine, but I need to meet with King II. Please excuse me." I left with Soo-won barely getting a word out.

I walked straight into my father's room to see him talking with a servant, who's name I believe was Min-Soo, Sui-Mei's son and Yona's personal servant.

"Min-Soo, please leave me and my father. I'd like to have a private conversation with him."

"What is it, that you had to sent away my servant?" Grabbing some fruits from a bowl near him.

I took the scroll out and showed him. "Did you really think I wouldn't find out? How could you do this to your own people?" Y/n expressed with anger and disappointment.

"How did you get it?"

"The citizens were loyal to you, died because of what? Your greed? Your need for power? You always voiced how we couldn't bury my mother here because of her illness but you are the reason she even had the illness." Thinking of my mother made me more pissed. We were only able to have her tombstone in the family cemetery due to her illness being contagious.

"Listen, y/n. It's hard to rule over this kingdom and shelter you and your si-" I cut him off.

"Don't pull that bullcrap. You have enough to spoil Yona and throw lavish parties while our subjects suffered with little to no food. How could you be so cruel?" My fist were balled up, turning my knuckles white.

"Did my mother's death mean anything to you?" I could only say in a whisper before he asked me to repeat myself, and I screamed it.

"Don't you raise your voice at me."

"THATS NOT THE QUESTION!"

"No, it didn't. I loved her but not enough to sabotage my own success. It was a mistake and you too. You were supposed to die in that village. It seems that none of the men I hired, to finish the job followed on their ends of the deal."

I was shocked that he actually admitted it. "Now that it is out there. You'll be married off to the Kai Empire to keep peace. I want you to stop this rebellious act and become more ladyli-" I slapped him, as my palm was stingy from the contact with his face.

"Go to hell. Marry off your Yona because I'm done playing pretend with you." I walked away as he yelled at me.

"I AM YOUR FATHER. COME BACK THIS INSTANT! THIS IS MY KINGDOM, AND YOU WILL OBEY."

"You are no father of mine. You neglected me, admitted to trying to kill me and to think I wanted your attention/love so badly. This will be the last time you see of me. Goodbye, King II."

When I arrived in my room, I packed a small bag of necessaries, money that I hid under my bed, and the dagger I received from Son Mundok, that he left for me. When I opened my door, I came face-to-face with Hak.

"So it is true, that's you're leaving." His bangs were shadowing his eyes, so I couldn't look straight in his eyes.

"Yes. I'm visiting Mundok, because I miss him and want to see my little baby, Tae-Yeon again. Please excuse me." I walked passed him only for him to pin me against the wall.

"Why are you lying? I heard tha- we've known each other since we were kids, I know when you're lying. Just tell me the truth, please." Is he sad that I'm leaving the castle? Did he hear my conversation with King II?

"Don't make this difficult. You want a truth, fine. We both know about your feelings for Yona, but we also know, that Yona only has her heart set out on Soo-Won." He looked at me shocked as if I wasn't supposed to point it out. I just pushed him away and continued to walk towards the gate.

"Tell Yona, Happy Birthday for me. And tell the King II that he should be proud Yona will never understand the true feelings of betrayal." Well, not yet at least.

I jumped onto Clover, my horse, and rode all the way to the Wind Tribe to say my farewell to Son Mundok.