Small Talk

Me: A little crossover that I thought would be cute to do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tommy groaned, rolling his shoulder, trying to rub the pain of it. His family was moving to Angel Grove and they were stopping in this town to rest for a while after a couple of days drive. Tommy had signed up for a Karate Tournament for the heck of it. While he did win, the last challenger was a well, a challenge.

Walking out of the building, he walked over to the bench that stood in front and sat in it.

He closed his eyes and breathed out. He was only out there for a couple of seconds before he heard a voice.

"Your pretty good for someone new around here."

Tommy opened his eyes, turning his head to gaze at the person speaking to him. It was a young man his age, and Tommy recognized him as the last person he fought.

"Hey, I know you," Tommy smiled, gesturing at him with his hand, "You're the last contestant I fought against."

The young man smiled, nodding.

"Yeah, my name's Ryan Steele."

"Tommy Oliver."

Ryan grinned, gesturing to the bench.

"Can I sit?"

"Unless there are invisible people I'm not aware of sitting here, then yes."

Ryan laughed, sitting next to Tommy. Tommy noticed that Ryan was rubbing his shoulder and his right wrist. Tommy remembered that he grabbed it, allowing him to flip Ryan onto his back and shoulder.

"Sorry about that," Tommy said, pointing at Ryan's arm.

"Don't worry about it," Ryan waved and smirked at Tommy, "For someone new, you're pretty good."

"Well, I've been practicing since I was a kid. And I'm not really new around here. My family is moving to Angel Grove, we're only stopping for a rest before we go on our way."

Ryan thought for a moment, "Hey, isn't Angel Grove the place where those Power Rangers showed up?"

Tommy nodded, "Yeah. They sound great. Fighting to protect everyone from Rita."

"They do, don't they? I don't think I can do what they can do," Ryan said.

"What are you talking about," Tommy asked, "If you set your mind to it, you can."

Ryan grinned, "Thanks, I guess. Your family must be pretty great to move to where heroes are, or teach you martial arts."

"Yeah, my family's awesome. They adopted me and my father taught me martial arts."

Ryan's grin seemed to become pained, bowing his head as he looked away. Tommy looked at him concerned.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just, my father, he went missing. We did a lot of stuff together. Hearing how your father taught you martial arts reminded me of some things that my father taught me."

Tommy placed a hand on Ryan's shoulder, "Sorry to hear that he went missing."

"Not just that, I can feel that he's alive somehow. I'm just not sure if I'm imagining it or not."

Tommy thought for a moment before lifting his hand from Ryan's shoulder.

"So don't let go. Hold onto it."

Ryan looked at him, "Why should I?

"Don't give up. If I were you, I'll never give up, even with the odds against me."

Ryan grinned, "Thanks."

"Ryan!"

Tommy and Ryan looked up, looking across the street to look at two teens, one a girl and the other a boy.

"What's taking so long," the girl shouts.

"We got to go," the boy added.

Ryan huffs, glancing at Tommy with an amused stare. "My friends. We planned something to do tonight."

"Well, then, I better not keep you," Tommy laughed.

Ryan joined him in laughing, getting up, and running to his friends. He turned to wave over his shoulder.

"Thanks, Tommy! I hope to see you sometime in the future! See ya!"

"I hope so too! Bye!"

Tommy left town a couple of days later without seeing Ryan again.

But the day he left, Ryan and his friends, Kaitlin Star and J.B. Reese, watched Ziktor's company destroy a building and followed a message from Professor Hart to go to his lab in the mountains. Together, the three of them became the VR Troopers to stop Grimlord from taking over the world.

Days later, Tommy became the Green Ranger and after being freed from an evil spell, joined his fellow Power Rangers in the fight against Rita. His destiny shaped his future and those he meets. Fighting against, Rita, Zed, the Machine Empire, and for a short time Divatox.

Neither of them gave up. They found reasons to keep going, to keep saving.

And when finally met up again years later, each having saved their homes and stopping their enemy, they knew by a look in each other's eye that each other had a story, a similar one.

So they engaged in another small talk like the one they had years ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me: Little fun fact, the guy who plays Tommy Oliver was going to play Adam Steele in a show called Cybertron. However, that didn't happen so Cybertron became VR Troopers.

But after reading a comment, I thought this would be a great small thing to do.

See ya!