Part 22

I was rolled through the ship passing many rooms, soldiers and navies, and the control room. Then we reached the exit. A soldier was kind enough to open it for us. We thanked him and Leia (the navy medic) pushed me out. I covered my eyes from the blinding light of the sunset. I blocked the sun from my eyes and looked around. Some of the pilots were talking, Major Lennox was taking to the Captain of the ship. Sam was with his parents, Mikaela, and Bumblebee.

The cold ocean wind breeze hit me hard. Leia covered my legs in a shock blanket and I had my uniform jacket on. I looked to my left and saw the Autobots in their alt-forms. I smiled.

"Autobots! Roll call!" I shouted. All the engines roared loudly and they all began transforming to their original forms. I looked up to their faces filled with smiles and grins.

"BOWIE!/BOSS LADY!/KID!" I heard yelled in unison. They walked towards me and lowered themselves close to my level. I thanked Leia and told her I was fine. She nodded and left. I turned back to them.

"Guys, thank god you are all okay." I sighed.

"We're all okay. Just a few scratches. But you-"

"Hey! I'm fine!" I cut off Jazz assuring him I was okay. "I'm alive aren't I? You guys too."

"Aw Boss! You scared Skids to death!"

"Yea-Whut? Nuh uh! Boss! Mudflap was scared shitless!" The twins began arguing and fighting. I smiled and laughed.

"Yeah, you're alive alright." I said wiping my tiny tears.

"You ordered us to stay alive. That's what we did." Skids said.

"We are all relief to know you are alive and well." Optimus' voiced boomed. I looked to him and smiled.

"Good to know you're online and back to normal, big man."

"It is all because of you. Thank you, Bowie. For saving my life." My face softened.

"If you were gone, who else would control these kids?" I joked. He chuckled.

"You are right." He said. Suddenly the breeze aggressivly hit me casung me to block it from my face. I felt the sudden chills on my leg and saw my shock blanket flying away.

"Oh no!"

"Got it!" Sideswipe said. He impaled the blanket with his sword-like hand.

"Bowie..." I heard muttering. I looked back to them looking down on me with sadden faces. I looked down and forgot my legs were now exposed. They starred at my amputated leg. I sighed.

"You know it's rude to stare at a lady's legs." I joked.

"Kid...I'm so sorry..." Jazz apologized sadly. I could see his guilt in his optics. In all of theirs. I frowned.

"I told you. It's not your fault. It happened because I stepped in. It was my choice and I payed the price." I explained. Jazz shook his head.

"I'm supposed to be your guardian! I'm not supposed to let you get hurt!"

"JAZZ! ENOUGH!" Jazz jumped at the sudden increase of my voice and looked away guilty. It became silent with only the sound of water crashing against the ship. "You're my guardian, but I am also yours. You protected me from Megatron's attacks. You saved my life."

"You saved mine tenfold. Far too many times. I am not good enough-"

"I'm going to stop you right there!" I said. He still looked away. I sighed, "Jazz. Look at me." He hesitated but turned to me.

"I'm-"

"Sh!...When I first saw met you guys in that barn...I was afraid. Scared shitless. I thought I was going to die. But you saved me. So I helped you. In those two days of just helping you, those were the best days ever. I never once regret helping you. I almost died numerous times. But not only am I still alive, I'm still standing by your guys' side. I wouldn't give my position up for anything. So yeah, I lost a leg. So what? It hurts most when I lost my friends out in the field. Writing letters to the fallen soldiers' families and the pain of loosing the Arcee twins or any autobots- I would have rather give up my life in exchange for theirs back. But I can't. It's impossible now. If loosing a leg is the price for victory, to not let them die in vein, then I'll make it my pride!" I cried. Teras flowed out of my eyes like a waterfall.

They were silent and looked at me sadly with smiles on their metallic faces.

"Long live Bowie!" Sideswipe chanted. The others looked at him and grinned before joining him. I huffed and smiled, wiping the tears away. They're alive. And that's what matter most to me. I looked at Optimus who gave me a curt nod as he turned his head away to the sky.

-/-

Our races united by a history long forgotten, and a future we shall face... together. I am Optimus Prime. And I send this message so that our pasts will always be remembered. For in those memories, we live on.

-/-

"Oh yeah! What'cha going to do with the kid?" Mudflap asked. I blinked.

"What 'kid'?" I asked confused.

"The kid growing inside of you." Skids answered. I starred at them furrowing my brows. Then it hit me.

"...WHAT!?"