Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I'm Angela but, my friends call me Angie, you can call me Angie as well. Friends with the boys from One Direction. You've probably never heard of me because I'm always, either backstage or by the curtain. How did I meet them? That's a totally different story. I was proud that I could say I was friends with one direction. People would ask me what they would do at home. To me.. They were just boys. They talked what boys, or should I say men talk. Girls. I was throughout all their relationships. From Eleanor to Taylor Swift. You should thank me for the Caroline Flack. Where am I? Well, I am at one of their many concerts. But this night was so special, because they were performing at Madison Square Garden. I stand there smiling. Thousands of girls screaming the life out of them. I could say I was very lucky but, they were 5 boys. 5 boys that were everything to me. I stand there as Taylor stands next to me with her black flats and her black dress. Taylor was quite the fashionista. I was just too jealous of her. Why? She had Harry wrapped around her finger. Why did this make me jealous? Because I have something for Harry. Yes, the boy that was my friend. The only person who know I like Harry was Louis. He was like my best gay friend. Doesn't he look so cute with Eleanor? Anyways, he was the person I told everything to. Taylor seemed nice doesn't she? She is pretty nice but if she sees, hear, or anything she dislikes or disagrees, you're better off running the other direction. She's a person who holds grudges. I look back at the 5 boys. Harry looks over to me and smiles. I smile back but looking up to Taylor (she towered me by 5 inches) and she smiled back. My smile faded as I knew he didn't smile at me. It was Taylor he was smiling.

"So, aren't you happy for the boys that they get to play at Madison Square Garden? I remember playing here. Best time of my life," Taylor says. I try to imagine playing here at MSG. I gulped. How is performing in front of thousands of people great? I guess song artists have a certain adrenaline. I look at Taylor not wanting to answer but I knew I had to be nice for her, for Harry. I realized a good nickname for myself, That Girl. I said in my head. Emphasizing the word girl.

"Yes, I am really happy for them. But to me, playing here in front of thousands people is scary. Do you song artist have some performance adrenaline?" I asked, curiosity swallowing me. Taylor puts an arm around me and gives my upper arm a squeeze.

"It's weird that you asked that. I never took much thought to it. We might?" She says, her thoughts swallowing her mind. The last note of the song played and the boys started running backstage. Harry came in first and hugged Taylor. I stood there. Waiting for something. He walked past, not acknowledging that I was there. I tried fighting back the tears. I was pretty good at holding my tears when Taylor and Harry dated in the summer. The rest of the boys coming over to me and giving me a hug and only saying a quick hi to Taylor. Ughhhh why is she so pretty? Of course, Harry would go after her. I think I would too. I thought of the name I gave myself... That Girl. This was the description of me from Harry. We don't talk a lot since Taylor in the summer. In the summer we stopped talking since I tried talking him out of Taylor Swift. I fancied him. I really fancied him.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The show ended and I walked to their dressing room. I sat next to Harry keeping a distance. His eyes glued to his phone. Taylor comes in and sits in between me and Harry.

"Hey lads, lets go karaoke. Me and Taylor want to go," Harry says finally looking up from his phone. He looks at everyone but me. I wondered what I did for him to treat me like this.

"Sure!" Zayn says from across the room.

Louis looks at me with a worried look. "It's okay I'll just go back to the flat." I grab my purse and walk out. I almost reach the exit when someone grabs my wrist.

"Angie, wait," I turn around and see Louis. His face, worried. "Come, come with us." I look at him. Flashing a fake smile.

"It's okay. I'll stay at home," I answer him. He looks at me.

"Ok, love," he hugs me, "be strong. For me. Forget about Harry. I know the right choice was closer than he thought." Louis hugs me one last time and rushes back to the room. I walk out getting a taxi. I step in the taxi, telling the driver the address.

After a while, I ask the driver,"Excuse me, could you turn on the radio?" He flashes me a toothy grin and turns the radio on. A familiar song blasts..

They don't know about the things we do, they don't know about the I love you's.

I lean my head on the cold window and tears stream down my face. (See what I did there? Ok back to the story.) I silently sobbed knowing that there was no chance that will ever be me. I reach the flat, giving the driver the fare and a very good amount of tip. I go in the lift. Silently sobbing. I reach the flat and went to my room. I started to strip out of my clothes. Throwing on sweats and one of Zayn's shirt. I run my fingers through my hair shaking as I go. Making the curls in my hair more into waves. I tied my hair into a messy bun and jump on my bed. I pull the duvet over my head and cry. I poked my head out and my hands crawled onto the white nightstand and got my phone. Searching things about the boys. Seeing if any news popped up. I went on google and typed 'One Direction' pressing the word news on the top of the screen. My eyes wide as I saw the top article.

"HARRY STYLES AND TAYLOR SWIFT SING KARAOKE AND GETTING COZY..."

I cried more... Letting it all out. I went out of safari, I went to my contacts and called my bestie, Natalie. The line rings and Natalie picks up. She sounds like she was sleeping. "N-Na...tali...e. It'...s m...e Ang...ie," I managed to say. My dried tears washed away by new tears.

"Babe... What's wrong let's talk," she says. Through the night I told her everything. Yes everything. All the dreams everything. From the first time I saw Harry and the others on XFactor to now.

Niall's P.O.V.

I grab a ride since I didn't want to see the snagging between the two. I walk into the flat and I hear someone crying. I knew it was Angela. I tiptoed to her door and listened. I felt sad.

"-He doesn't even look at me. Taylor's got him wrapped around her finger," Angela says.

I knew that Angela liked Harry. I could see it in her eyes. Who couldn't? All the lads knew. Just not one. Harry. I wanted to do something to cheer Angela up. I noticed her more as a sister than as a friend. I told her everything. She got me through Demi. She gave me the guts to handle the Demi situation. I wanted to thank her.

"-Thanks, Ang. I'll call you tomorrow... Hahahahah!" I hear Angie laugh. She doesn't laugh like that when all of us we- oh. I knew. The pieces fit together perfectly. I knock on her door. She opens the door. "Hey Niall," she says. Her eyes puffy and red. Telling me she was crying. Hard.

"Are you okay? Do you need a hug?" I ask her with a smile. She nods and she hugs me. I hug her back and she starts crying onto my shirt. My shirt soaked from her tears. I didn't care. It was comforting to know I was comforting her. She lets go and looks up at me. Her eyes twinkling. I scratch the back of my head. "Uhm, I was er, wondering if you, er wanted to go out? Today? Or tomorrow. Any day is fine," I say nervously. She hugs me.

"I would love to," she says. We stand there for what seemed like hours. While she hugged me I smiled. I think I might fancy Angela if this works out, who knows.

***********************************************************************************************************

Hey guys!!!!!! So this is our first chapter!!!!!!!! We hope you like it! We have been planning this out for weeks! We hope you enjoy it! My friend Maylani will probably post the next chapter next week. We are also full time students so the schedule might be unsteady. Anyways how are you my peoples? Probably nobody will read this fan fiction, but if anybody does, please share this to your friends and family. Okayyyy maybe not your family. Anyways, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Diana Bui :)