Chapter 4

Mika POV:

When I opened my eyes I saw Yuu laying right in front of me and realized our faces were only a few inches apart. I carefully wanted to back up and get up but then noticed that our legs were crossed under the blanket as well. Even his arm was placed around my shoulder as if he was hugging me.

I sighed and carefully started to pet his head. Yuu was so cute when he was asleep. His rather long black hair was falling into his face and his lips were parted a little so that I could hear his soft breathing. So cute. I sighed. I shouldn't be thinking about a human in that way. He would never be able to accept me after the things the vampires did to him.

When I saw Yuu shift a bit I was sure he was about to wake up. I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. This would be way less awkward if I wouldn't be the one to wake up first.

Yuu POV:

I woke up to the sunlight tikling my nose and sneezed a little before I opened my eyes and realized where I was. Then I realized that I was holding that damn half vampire in my arms. Even our legs were crossed under the blankets. I blushed and quickly pushed myself away from him.

Just from the position we were in I could tell that I had been the one getting this close to him and that was making it even weirder. Usually when I was sleeping next to the other orphans that never happened to me. I was never really looking for affection from anyone, not even during sleep and especially not from a vampire. 

From my sudden shifting Mika woke up and rubbed his eyes. "Morning Yuu" he mumbled in a raspy still sleepy voice and I huffed and looked away since my face turned an even darker shape of red. Why was he so damn nice to me?!

"You promised to bring me home remember?" I said trying to sound as cold as possible. Mika sighed "Why do you want to go so fast? We could have breakfast together." I flinched. Was he gonna- "That's not what I meant, Yuu. I'm not planning to drink your blood."

I gave a sigh of relief. "So you vampire's don't only feed of blood?" I asked. "Well we can eat other things as well but they don't satisfy our hunger" Mika explained. Then he got up and walked out of the room.

I decided to just stay here until he'd come back. I could have run off on my own but if I crossed paths with a vampire in here I'd probably get punished again for sneaking around and I was still in pain from yesterday.

The breakfast looked delicious. Mika made scrambled eggs with a jam and peanut butter sandwich. In addition to that he handed me a mug of hot chocolate. Just the smell made my mouth water. After all I haven't had a good breakfast in years.

"Thanks" I mumbled and accidently gave Mika a short smile. I could see him smiling back at me with these adorable soft lips. I had to remind myself he's a vampire. No matter how nice he might be right now and how adorable he might look that doesn't mean anything. He's probably trying to use me in some way.

"Don't think I owe you something now" I mumbled and Mika chuckled "Don't worry, you really don't. Just eat before the food gets cold. " I gave him one last suspicious look before I started to gulped down the food in an insane amount of speed. Mika seemed to be amused by it.

After pouring the chocolate milk down my throat I turned to Mika who still stared at me. "What?" I asked and he started to laugh "You really don't have manners, do you?" Then he took a tissue and wiped some chocolate milk off my face. I blushed and looked down.

"Anyways... you promised to bring me home now" I reminded him and Mika nodded "I know but you might let me finish breakfast as well." I groaned "You barely even ate anything yet!" Mika shrugged and kept eating even slower.

Mika POV:

I ate extra slow so I could keep Yuu a little longer here with me. It was adorable to watch him pout cause I was taking so long.

When I finally finished breakfast I got up from the bed and threw on my cloak. I wondered if Yuu was a little cold as well cause it was so early in the morning but even if I'd offer him something to wear he would probably not want to take it. After all I was a vampire in his eyes. 

"Lets go" I said and watched Yuu get up from the bed. I could tell he was still in pain especially when he tried to stand up and fell. I managed to catch him before he hit the ground though.

"Maybe you shouldn't walk yet. I didn't think you were injured that badly" I said in a concerned voice. I carefully sat Yuu down on the bed again. "No, no! I can do this!" the raven-haired boy insisted as he tried to get up again. This time he actually managed to walk even though it was obvious he had to pull himself together to not break down again.

"Let me carry you home" I suggested but Mika gave me a mad look. "No I'm not a baby! I can walk myself!" I rolled my eyes. "If you walk in that condition it will take forever. And besides the other orphans are probably already worried about you, right?" I guessed.

I saw Yuu's eyes widen "Shit! I promised to come home right after the punishment. They probably think I'm dead or something!" "I mean you were unconscious yesterday so you couldn't have walked home anyways. It's not like it's your fault" I reminded him.

"Please take me home as fast as possible!" Yuu begged so I picked him up and rushed all the way outside of the building. After that he had to guide me to their house. Turned out the orphans all lived together in a two staged abandoned house near the vampire's castle. I hadn't been around here before.

"From here you'll make it yourself, right?" I said and carefully sat Yuu down on his feet. "Yes and well... thank you for everything Mika" Yuu mumbled. I chuckled "No problem. And please take care of yourself" I said before I turned around and left.