Together again

DK hadn't been able to stop thinking about the feeling of Scott kissing him. The man on his lap, successfully distracting him. Part of DK had hoped that Apollo would take his time and give DK a little more.

But he had felt the ropes slide off and knew that they had to save Steve. So he had reluctantly gotten up, Scott had moved quickly. DK knew that Smajor had a boyfriend, had someone that loved him and that he loved.

But that hadn't stopped all the feelings that rushed back, the love that DK had felt the moment their lips had connected. So he had a decision to make. And it was hard.

Should he tell Scott how he felt, despite them already not getting along half the time? Or should he let it be, hide his feelings again and just go about his day?

He would've asked Janet, but her and Kimi were in the medbay doing something. DK had laid down, closing his eyes. It was late and he was tired, but he couldn't stop thinking about what had happened only a few hours before.

The door opened and for a second he thought it was gonna be his sister-figure. He couldn't see in the dark who it was but he didn't bother with a greeting. Until a Scottish accent spoke.

"DK, are you awake?" Scott asked

"Yeah. Why?" DK responded, flipping on the lights. He flinched at how bright they were and let Scott sit down next to him.

"Don't do that again?"

"You mean getting captured or the other thing?" DK asked, unsure if Scott was talking about the kiss. He saw Smajors face flush. DK half expected Scott to say both, or at least the kiss.

"I-getting captured,"

"That's it?"

"Yeah,"

"Well that is something I do not want to go through again," DK asked. Scott stood up and for a split second looked like he was about to leave. Then he turned to face DK and sat down on his lap. DK was shocked into silence.

"You scared me," Smajor murmured, just loud enough for DK to hear. DK wasn't quite sure what was happening but he instinctively wrapped his arms around Scotts waist, hugging him close.

"Sorry," he whispered. He felt Scott shudder and ran a finger through the blue hair. Scott seemed to lean into the touch and DK became more curious about why Smajor had hidden Rivendell.

"Why didn't you tell us you were a king?"

"I didn't want you guys to think of me any different,"

"You know we wouldn't have, I wouldn't have. I care for you too much,"

"I'm sorry,"

"You don't need to apologize at all," DK had to stop himself before he called Scott baby. "Just stay safe, I'm sure your boyfriend would not like it if you turned up dead,"

"Boyfriend?" Smajor asked, confused for a moment. DK tilted his head in confusion

"Jimmy or whatever his name was?"

"Oh, that. Um..."

"You two break up or something?" DK asked, half hoping that was the case

"No...he's not actually my boyfriend. I saw you and I said it. I don't know why," Scott mumbled. His face had turned a scarlet shade of red, one that DK couldn't resist smiling at.

"Really?" He purred. Then he did something he hadn't planned to and kissed the man on his lap. Scott seized up for a second in shock before kissing back. When they pulled away, they both had red faces. At least a little.

"Scott Smajor, will you be my boyfriend again?" DK whispered, knowing the answer already.

"Yes, you dumbass," Smajor said and pressed into DKs warmth. The older man flipped the lights off and laid down, hugging Scott to his chest. Neither spoke as they fell into a sleep