Chapter-2

"09:00, 6/Nov/2021"

"3rd"

"London, United Kingdom"

Miho stares out the window of a black car and at the endless rows of trees with the endless plains in between the rows of the Western United Kingdom, The breeze brisks off her light skinned face, Her Hazel colored eyes reflecting the sunlight.

She's wearing a navy blue Peacoat, Gray pants and brown boots with her wallet and phone in both pockets, They were a bit oversized but she'll grow to fit the size.

"Like the view?" The driver asks.

"Yes" Miho replies.

"How would you describe it?" The driver asks another question.

Miho then tries to formulate a sentence "It is... Beautiful, It is beautiful"

"I'm happy for you to feel that way"

"Yes, Mckenzie" Miho replies.

Miho and John conversed on anything to think about just to pass the time before the sight of the rising buildings greeted her sight, A sound of amazement came out of her mouth.

"Never seen tall buildings?" John asked.

"Yes, Style is similar"

"Before its style, Now its function, Cant say i have an issue with it"

She looks at the streets and came out a sense of dread. Everyone was looking at her like a million tank barrels were aimed at them.

"Mckenzie?" Miho calls "Why is everyone looking at us?"

"I thought you didn't mind crowds looking at you?" John counters.

"Wel... no" Miho responded "It was only because my Onii-Chan was there for me"

John solemnly nods in reply, It reminded him back when he was in the Marine Corps, he considered the unit he served with as family and it was the thing that kinda kept him going, it painfully saddened him to see one of them in a metal box draped with the stars and stripes loaded on the back of a C-130.

"I kinda can relate, Used to serve in the US Marines under Demon Dogs, Now renamed Marine Hunters due to what missions the unit are famous for, Mostly tracking and bagging HVT's" John tells Miho before asking "Do you have all your things?"

"Hai"

"Good, We're here"

Miho is thrown off balance right after John pressed on the break, Miho got up and noticed the large gate in front of her, She looks at John but sees him busy talking to someone outside the car, Seconds later the gates open and Miho looks around to see a charcoal building.

"So what's this?" Miho asks.

"10th Downing street" John replies and exits the vehicle before Miho follows suit "You'll be here for a while till the Apartment becomes fully refurbished".

The sudden barrage of clicks runs through her ears and looks around to see a dozen or so men with large cameras. She quickly looks away from them and hides behind John like a scared child, He looks at her before gently stroking her hair.

"It's alright" He tells her "Don't be afraid".

He then leads her step by step to the door, A bobby guarding stretches his arm and knocks on the door, The door opens like a magic door and John goes inside shortly followed by Miho.

When she saw the majestic Victorian styled interior, Her jaw just dropped right then and there.

"Nande kore wa..." She said in disbelief.

"What did you say?" John asked.

"Nothing"

The two then walked up the winding staircase till they reached the highest floor which was the 3rd floor (or 2nd floor in British terms) and through a few passages they got to an empty bedroom, Which screams St Gloriana's but this is 10th Downing street, That is to be expected.

Miho just jumped to bed and landed with a belly flop onto the air light fluffy mattress, Encasing herself in it, John laughed like a happy mom seeing her child.

"Alright, You good now?" John asks her.

"Yeeeh" A muffled reply came back.

"So do you want to do something?"

"Yes"

"What?"

"Buy new clothes and find Boko"

John nods and tells her that he'll be back within a few minutes, All the while Miho let herself be enveloped by the comfort like a drug user's mind going high, Its like you're in your own world and don't know what the ever loving fuck to do as time flows like water from a river. (I do not do drugs)

The door opens again and Miho looks to see John wearing a casual outfit. She rolls off the bed and gets up straight, John was probably having second thoughts of this.

"Do you wanna sleep instead of walking around London?" John asked Miho.

Miho looks at him for a moment with drowsy eyes before collapsing at the bed.

"Miho!" John screamed and in an instant he was in close proximity, And checked her pulse, He then sighs in relief "I guess you wanna sleep then?".

He then chuckles and carries her like a princess and lays her in her bed; before closing the door and leaving her to slumber.

"Now then, Since I have the free time, Might as well buy her a bunch of clothes" John tells himself and heads off to Piccadilly Circus.

Piccadilly Circus

John Mckenzie

16:00

Walking around Piccadilly I can still sense it's feeling of slight paranoia, Still after two years everyone is still on edge, Possibly due to the attacks, 2019 Al-Qatala and Just 9 Months ago an American Terrorist Group named "Woke", Revolutionary War spirits must've gone through the roof after the Prime Minister berated Congress, but i honestly don't give a damn about Politics.

Wait aren't i supposed to be to the clothing store to get her a fucking wardrobe?

Oh yeah, I walked to a Uniqlo store where upo entry the metal detector wailed like a Banshee striking everyone's attention, alongside their fear and paranoia.

I then look at the dead shot eyes all over me like deer on headlights, A security guard walks up to me and i flash a code using my hand while pats me down, He notices the code and looks at me in the eye and says.

"You're all clear" The guard says "I don't know why did that thing just go off"

"Don't know as well but thank you" I reply before grabbing a basket and heading straight to the women's section, I'm around her age at 16 and nearly the exact same height so just grab the clothes that she'll be using and it'll all be fine.

It took me a bit of time but eventually i got a good chunk of clothes in the basket, I head straight to the counter and merged with the cue, One by one i got closer and handed the basket of clothes.

"Who are you buying these clothes for?" The cashier asks while scanning the barcodes one by one.

"Just a friend" I replied casually.

"Its quite a lot for just a friend" She adds "She must be really happy"

"Yes i'm quite sure"

She hands me several shopping bags and now i realize that i'm going to look like a lady who came out of Vegas in a spending spree of a shopping trip.

"This will be fun" I thought before leaving and.

*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-!!!*

"Oh come on really?!"