Prologue | Blazing Rain

I was getting comfortable in my seat in a car with my fiancé beside me, and our parents behind us in a black Limousine. Having finished our dinner in a famous restaurant, we were on our way back to our manor.

With Mina, my fiancée looking out through the window admiring the droplets of rain, I did the same as her. But instead of admiring the gentle rain I can't help but notice that our route has changed and that our parents are not following us anymore, but two black vehicles are tailing us instead.

...Damn it, I let my guard down! , I told myself while clenching my fist in frustration.

Turning my attention to our driver, his eyes dead set on the road and soaked in a cold sweat.

"Hm? Is there something wrong? Aiden?" Mina asked.

"Mina, cast a shield on yourself-"

"Ha...aha..ahaha...AHAHAHA..." The driver suddenly burst out laughing.

"Huh?"

...Shit! , I immediately took my seatbelt off to cover Mina with my body.

"Huh? Aiden!?" Mina yelled.

"Brace for impact!"

"...AHAHAHA... ALL HAIL THE ABYSS!" Is the last words of the driver before the front of our car blew up. As I open my eyes everything seemed like it was frozen in time. seeing Mina's face, her tears falling from her eyes somehow gave me the strength to cast a shockwave strong enough to disperse the fire and destroy the exploding car. It all happened in an instant.

However, maybe it's my mistake creating that shockwave. Mina and I got separated, but not too far from each other. My body is immobilized, all I could do was to crawl to her.

...Faster!... faster!...faster damn it! , I told myself. The once gentle rain has now started to roar. The black vehicles that tailed us have arrived in front of Mina's unconscious body.

A man in a black suit wearing a white mask stepped out of one of the black cars, pulling out a mana imbued sword, a 'red' sword.

With all my strength, I tried to stand but I can barely manage to support my body with one leg.

"...move...move...MOVE!-" As I move my attention to Mina the masked man is gone...

"Huh?..." ...or so I thought.

"Nope...you're not going anywhere," says the masked man as he snuck up behind me and stab me with the red sword. The sword stabbed through me and to the ground causing me to be stuck to the ground.

"You think you humans can stop us? Your Supreme Guardian is dead! The Abyssal tyrants will rule!" The masked man says as he leaned to my ear. "...All. Hail. The Abyss." He whispered to my ear.

"..." I wanted to talk but my body won't allow me to.

As I gritted my teeth in frustration another man stepped out of one of the black cars, wearing the same suit as the man behind me and a red mask with writings I can't read.

"Shin, are you done?" Says the man with the red mask, his voice was deep yet gentle.

"Not yet..." The man with the white mask suddenly appeared next to the unconscious

Mina. "Oh? She seems to be suffering from all the wounds she has...well then I'll finish her off." Hearing those words made me feel so angry deep inside my gut that the next words that came out of my mouth should not be considered as a threat but as a curse.

"I will kill you!" As I say these words the masked man delivered the finishing blow to Mina.

...

As the two vehicles drove off nothing was left but me impaled to the ground and the lifeless Mina in front of me in the rain. My body have begun to numb, feeling the raindrops sliding down my face I closed my eyes meeting death's darkness... or so I thought.