36. FAKE LOVE

"Love you so bad, love you so bad
Mold a pretty lie for you

Love it’s so mad, love it’s so mad
Trying to erase myself, make me your doll"

_______________________________

Hardin Scott
_______________________________

A stiff, sulking and diabolical looking Trevor, with his arms crossed and a murderous scowl on his ridiculously broad forehead-

home, sweet home.

I walk right past, giving him the coldest shoulder I could afford and take off my jacket with a sigh.

"Where were you?" I hear behind me.

"I was out."

"Are you drunk?"

I turn around to face him, so he could see my eyes as evidence. "No."

Trevor's glare only deepens and I roll my eyes walking away towards the hallway.

"Did you just spend 8 million on an NFT?"

He cuts to the chase, his voice chilling and displeased, borderline accusatory.

"I hope that's what Peter conveyed, I don't want to look for a new assistant---- no, thank you Jenna I'm good."

She eagerly walks by me to get my dinner heated, before I add the last part and touch her shoulder in gratitude.

"And did you know, that I had to miss my connecting flight to Australia and fly down here because I was told I needed to sign a cheque for 8 million pounds, for something that I didn't even know we were purchasing."

Trevor exclaims dramatically behind me, as I fix the temperature on the thermostat.

"You had to sign no checks, Trev. It was crypto-"

"Now, don't you go literal on me now alright? You know what I mean."

He bellows in childish irritation.

Yes, it was a big investment, and no wonder Trev had to come down for some paperwork. There was no need to be a baby about it.

"We're still partners, aren't we? And friends?"

Good god, not this again.

"Yes, darling we are. I'm not breaking up, if that's what you're so afraid of."

I turn around, speaking in the same melodramatic flair that he understands.

"Hardin, eight million is not a joke, you think you could've at least sent a text, if not discussed." He grumbles, still bothered.

I run a hand through my hair.

"I know it is. And it was a very urgent, spontaneous call so I didn't have enough room to inform- sorry about that.

But I assure you, it was a sound decision, and once the album drops, you won't be able to count your returns on both hands, so- relax about it, alright? Thank you."

I say it all in a single breath.

First Tessa messing with my emotions earlier today, and now Trev giving me shit about my decisions.