CHAPTER TWO

I woke up around 5am the next morning so I could get ready and head out before 7am. As at 6:40am I was done so I headed out, I made sure I sang a song before heading out as I do every morning. Before heading out, I checked the package Lavida gave me the previous day and it was a simple nice gown. I loved it and decided to put it on.
It was cloudy that morning, I was the only one outside and everywhere was still dark, I decided to double up because I was a little bit scared and felt like someone was watching me. The place is far, I must say, it takes me more than 1 hour to get there and another 1 hour to return, this is how I trek it every morning.
On getting to my destination, I smiled and greeted the old man in the house. The man has never smiled back at me, all he does is frown and ask “are you here for the package", the old man had a scar on his face looking like it was teared by the claws of a wild animal. I said yes and then he gave me the mystery package and jammed the door. I have always wanted to know what's in it but the witch have warned me I'll die the day I do so I held it in my hands and left the place.
I have walked for just 30 minutes when I started to hear giant running footsteps at my back. It was as if a big wild animal was running behind me, the sound started to get closer so I ran for my life and I mistakenly dropped the package unknowingly. All of a sudden, the sound disappeared, I stopped and ran back to where I dropped the package, I can't even say where I dropped it excalty but I turned back, as at this time the day was starting to brighten up.
I checked the ground, I was so frustrated and then I turned up my face to lament when I saw someone, I couldn't figure if it was a man or woman, its eyes were green yellowish in color and it had claws and fangs, I didn't know what I saw so I fell to my knees in fear, after a while I raised up my head and it was gone. “It was just an imagination”, I told myself, I continued my search for the package but I couldn't find it.
I headed home in fear of what the Witch would do to me. On getting home, I saw the package in front of my house, I was so happy and I rejoiced, I picked it up and went into the house. There, the witch was at the other side of the door with fire in her eyes waiting for me to arrive. As I entered, “what took you so long ”, she said. I barely explained when she landed me a huge slap and snatched the package from my hand. She left.
I went to my room crying, rain began to fall so I slept off while crying. While asleep, I had a dream. In my dream, I saw myself soaked in blood, my step mother stood at one side making a mockery of me and the figure I saw earlier at the other side offering to help but I didn't listen. Suddenly, I felt a hand move over me, caressing my cheeks, then I woke up, sweating profusely. There was no one there, only me but I do know someone was here earlier because my room's window was opened.
I got off my bed and saw a beautiful black ring lying beneath my bed. I picked it up.