What a cruel world we live in.

You sit up and suddenly feel the urge to see Techno.

There must be something going on.

You get ready fast and run to the mountain.

Technoblade sits on his porch head in his hands.

"Techno?" You sit next to him.

He looks up.

"Thank you." He says and sighs.

"For what?"

"The voices like you. You made them stop a minute."

You look at him questioningly, "Voices?"

"There are thousands of them... they always demand more blood. Yelling at me about my covenant to the blood God. They stop when someone they like comes so I don't hurt them. They like you."

"Oh. Do they make you...?"

"Yeah... but I sorta like it so..." He shrugs, 'I've been able to resist them for a while but today they were especially blood hungry."

"Ah. Well I'm glad I could help."

He looks at you a moment. Studying your eyes the way he had the other day. You realize this is a part of him. He's so skeptical of everyone, everything.

He was so used to to being used.

It was engraved into his mind that there was double meaning behind every smile.

You felt for him.

"If you're wondering why I came..." You stare at the sky, "It's because I felt something tell me to."

You see him studying out of the corner of your eye, "Do you... have voices too?"

"Something like that. It's more of an urge that I have inside. Must run in the family." You say and smile a bit, expecting him to deny it. Instead he quietly says,

"Yeah." He rubs his arm a bit, "I know I deny it and act dead pan but really... It's... It's so hard to keep up the act that I'm this stone cold fighter who knows nothing of pain or losing." He shudders a bit, "When really... I know it better than anyone."

He smiles a bit, "But the act keeps me sane. It helps me cope with pain." His smile erases, "But it also contributes to it."

You look over at him, "A vicious cycle." You say, you reach to hold his hand but hesitate. He sees and nods. You hold his hand and squeeze it comfortingly.

"I don't know much of my past." You say, "But one thing I know is that you are an amazing brother, and you did everything in your power to keep up with everything." You pause a moment, "You can be whoever you want to be around me. Whether it's the act, or just... you." He studies you again.

"Thanks."

You hear footsteps and the two of you jolt up and to cover up Techno's state you quickly say, "And that's how I think we should initiate people."

"I'll take it into consideration." Techno says waving it off.

How easily he switched.

But the look in his eyes says thank you just before he whips around and sees Ranboo.

"Oh hey Alora." Ranboo says and waves. He's clutching a book in his hand, and the way he says Alora so hesitantly makes you know he's had an episode and forgot everything.

"Hey Ranboo." You smile softly. He relaxes at your soothing tone.

"Hey." He says again.

Techno rolls his eyes, Yeah good to see you too Ranboo, I've had a great day so far, thanks for asking." He chuckles and walks off.

You quickly rush over to Ranboo.

"Did it happen again?"

"I'm guessing yes. I woke up and didn't know anything. I read the book." He says.

"That's good."

"You should probably go though... One episode usually leads to another and I don't want you to see me like that." He cringes a bit and clutches the book harder.

"Alright Ranboo... Stay safe alright?" You quietly say as you walk off.

Oh, what a cruel world we live in.