" 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗻"

"Thank you for your purchase!" You gave the lady a bright smile to which she reciprocated with her own.

Today was like any other. The little bell by the entrance rung with the pleasant presence of people who entered your shop.

The sweet cozy smell of the pastry shop beside yours seemed to reach yours. It made you feel at home just by staying on your tall stool.

Sighing, your slumped against you back in relaxation. The silence in your little shop gave you a happy little feeling, covering you in a serendipitous blanket from the cruel and harsh world that awaited just by your door.

you loved this, just you and your little world made you more content than ever.

the shop you ran is stable for you anyways so it isn't really a problem for you. Well maybe get a lover along the way..

or a pet.

You were content this way, small and simple.

hopefully nothing changes it..

Oh how horribly wrong you are.

Screams and yelps were heard from the distance as the bell by your entrance rang with two people barging in panting.

"HELLO!" a tall blonde man with slightly pale skin and odd? rainbow colored eyes making him look more like a mythical being.

he chirped bringing another man who was a little shorter than him to the counter.

your hand shook slightly under the counter with your lips trapped in between your teeth. "my- oh shit" he cursed under his breath looking behind him before rushing pass your counter and into the door that lead to the break room..

You glance at where he had looked at, you saw a bunch of men who seemed like they were chasing the two.

wait a minute.

THEY HAVE GUNS!?

Your breath hitched. You had never seen such object, nor touched one. You were so scared, scared that if you made a wrong move they would already have your head blown of in a heart beat.

fear installed itself in your system bringing the uneasy feeling of anxiety crawling withing you and taking over you.

hands shaking and breath quivering, you found yourself panicking.

what if they enter the shop?!

Coincidentally one short yet buff man entered your shop, he was wearing the same thing as the others from the group that passed by.

"Oi woman." He called out, his voice gruff with a new yorker accent. "Yes." You replied eyes locking with the firm yet dark look in his "did you happen to see two men pass by?" He asked putting a gun he had held on the top of your counter.

"no." You thanked yourself from not stuttering, then with a mental sigh you proceeded with the conversation.
"You sure, you know if you lie right now I'll have bullets in your head." With that mere warning your breath had hitched.

"N-not at all sir, I haven't seen those two." You replied, you didn't want anyone dying because of you. And if you did tell him those two would be dead.

It didn't matter if they were bad or good. You did not want anything bad happening to people because of you.

Bad things such as death...

Well this man seemed quite funny but mostly scary to look at. However his gun did not give you any justice to think of it that way.

"Well then I'm not in the right place to harm you. Since I have a wife and my little girl waiting for me back home." He chuckled with a warm smile on his lips "I see, I hope they are well." Will your own smile you manifested at least a silver of courage to speak up.