Chapter 2 Alex

The boy was stood before me casually,
I could barely move because of how gorgeous he was, he was smiling at me and running his fingers through his hair. I didn't know what to say and he picked up on that... I guess he's used to girls dropping at his feet.
But then he spoke...
"is the is Green family?" He had a Sheffield accent and He said it with a smirk.
"Y-Yes" I said, why did I have to stutter, now he thinks I'm a freak. I hid behind my oversized jumper because I was so embarrassed.
"Well here's this parcel for you." He said, passing it to me.
I went to get it from his perfect hands when my stupid cat ran out the door under my feet.
"Pumpkin!" I shouted, calling my cat. I could feel my skin go pale as I panicked. Why did she have to do this to me! The boy pulled a face and passed me the parcel.
"Don't worry" he said, with a slight pout and he passed me his red post man bag. Which I took without hesitating. I then wondered why he had passed me it, and when I looked up I saw him running after my cat. I felt way too embarrassed and didn't know wether to go help him. But I decided to put his bag down by the front door and put the parcel in my plain kitchen. When I returned to the door he was holding Pumpkin gently while crossing the road. I felt jelous of Pumpkin at that moment.
"Thankyou so much!" I said in an enthusiastic voice while smiling at him.
"Anytime. So does your cat always do this?" He said, passing me Pumpkin who meowed as I held her.
"No, this is a first." I was starting to relax around him, but I was dieing to know his name. Then I heard the laughter of the girls across the road. All my confidence rushed out of me and the boy looked at them. They where so obviously laughing at me and I wanted to cry.
"How's that egg on your window then Karla?" The girls shouted across the street. Laughing in a penguin huddle as they did. When they saw the boy they all went silent and waved at him. Great, now I have no chance... But he didn't wave back and this made me confused. Instead, he turned back to me and said
"Karla, nice name... Who are these people?" Woah, did not expect that. I blushed.
"Just some old friends." I said, which was true. He just rolled his eyes and smiled. He turned around to face them.
"Can you go away because I have no interest in you." He shouted at them confidently. The girls raised their eyebrows and and stormed off, wow. I wish I had that on film.
"I'm Alex." He said, looking at me. I was still processing that he just shouted at them girls and had no idea what to say.
"Anyway I need to get back to work. But it was lovely meeting you Karla." He continued.
"Thankyou for that, and saving my cat." I passed him his red postman bag and couldn't take my eyes off him.
"That rhymes." He smiled and walked away.
I shut the door and sat down... Did that really just happen, Alex, such a nice name... Alex, Alex, I kept repeating his name as if I was going to forget it. He made me squirm and smile just thinking about him, but then i remembered, he is good looking, therefore he obviously has a girlfriend. And he was just being nice to me, and I was being stupid.