Chapter 6

I sit to study for my chemistry test. Every Wednesday our teacher gives us a test.

Wait.

Which chapter test is there?

I message Samantha, the only person I used to talk to in my class.

You:
Hey
Which chapter test is there tomorrow?

After 15 minutes she texts me back.

Sam: Chapter 12.

You: Thanks.

Sam: ready for it?

You: No.:-(

Sam: Yeah. I see that. After all you're so busy in the class.

You: What do you mean?

She doesn't reply me.

Why did she say that?

I open my textbook.
What is this?
I see some figures and...
Great.
I don't know what I'm reading.
My vision blurs.
What am I supposed to do now?
If I read the textbook I'll understand something.
Yeah. I will.
But it doesn't make sense at all.
Why's my brain not working?
Please.
I said I don't want to disappoint my sister. It's been like 3 days since I made my commitment. If I can't stick to my word, what's the use?
Please God please.
I never asked you anything so now please can you help me understand? Please.
I'm begging you.

"Keri! It's time for shower."

"Coming!"

After shower I give one last shot to read the whole chapter even though 70% didn't make sense.
There should be some way.
Oh yeah!
YouTube videos!
I check the time.
It's 11:30 p.m.
Those videos are usually short.
So, I'll manage it.
Well, things don't go as planned and I end up sleeping.

Next day, just as expected my test went really bad.
David was happy. I don't blame him for being so happy about the test. It's his favorite subject after all. He's going to give his best.
But it still hurt to see someone do better than you.
And my friends, the few I have in my stream are keeping some distance from me. They look at me and start whispering.
They've no idea how it hurts when you know someone's talking behind your back.
Melissa hasn't talked to me since the day we fought. I still don't see the point why it happened.
So right now, I'm pretty friendless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Keri." My teacher finally calls my name. She frowns as I come near.
"I purposely called you last." She looks at me for one full minute before sitting.
"I've been noticing you for days." Again she studies me. "What's wrong Keri? This isn't you. You're distracted. Look at your grades for this test." She hands me my grade sheet.

Chemistry: - C
Physics: D
Biology: A
Psychology: C+
English: B+

I knew I was about to get this.

"You can do far more better than this. Is it David that's distracting you?"
Oh God...
Teachers can be like Hawks sometimes.
"I've seen you both giggling and talking for my lecture. And I got some complaints from other teachers too." She takes the grade sheet from my hand and looks at it again.

"Keri if this continues... You will regret everything. Every thing. These marks are important. I know you're still for 11th standard but these marks can be important. Don't take this lightly." She takes my hands. "I believe that you will become a great person some day. I see that potential in you." I smile at her. What else can I do?
"If you're getting distracted, ask Jesus to help you take control. Your sister won't like you turning like this."