She's Imperfect But she Tries

Narrator POV:

Eliza got home after a long day at work. She walked into her room and smiled at her husband who was working at his desk. She went over and hugged him.

"Hello darling." He smiled and looked up at her. "How was work?" Eliza shrugged. "Just the usual. How about you?" She asked in return. Alexander chuckled and shrugged, the same way she did, making Eliza laugh as well.

She kissed his head and went to the closet to change out of her work clothes and into a pair of sweatpants and Alex's hoodie. She put her hair up in a messy bun and threw on her baby blue fuzzy slippers.

Once she emerged from the closet, Alex had finished his work and looked at her. "You're so beautiful." He smiled at her. Eliza blushed and covered her face with her hands. "No..." she mumbled.

Alex stood up from his desk and went over to hug her. "Yes my love, you're very beautiful. And perfect." He said, trying to convince her. It hurt him to see her doubting herself. Especially her beauty.

Eliza shook her head. "I'm far from perfect." She mumbled and hid her face in his chest. Alex sighed. "Well are you at least trying to be perfect?" He asked, just wanting her to think of herself in a positive manner.

Eliza shrugged. "I don't know..." she whispered. "But I do." Alex said. "You don't need to try. You're perfect the way you are. And you work so hard to keep it that way. You're so beautiful. Even without all this make up. And you're perfect at everything you do."

Eliza teared up. "You really think so?" She asked and looked up at him. Alex nodded. "I know so. And I promise that will never change no matter what you do." He said and kissed her head.

Eliza stood on her tiptoes and kissed him. Alex kissed back and held her waist. "You're my one and only love." He said and kissed her head. Eliza smiled and hugged him. "Thank you.." she whispered and stayed in his arms for a while. "Anytime, darling." He said and held her for as long as she needed.

---------

A/N: 370 words. Just some fluff for now using the prompt from the song :)