dumb choices

"do i know you two by any chance? you seem very familiar too me."

in which, childhood friends, finn and y/n have been reunited after years of not seeing eachother, because of dumb choices.

[ 2007, fairchild elementary school ]

"hey y/n?? can we talk?" 6 year old finn said to 6 year old y/n. "sure. i'll be right back sophia!" she said to her redheaded little friend.

as finn and y/n walked away from the playground y/n had noticed finn had been fidgeting with his fingers, like he was nervous about something.

"are you okay finn?" y/n said looking down at her small red shoes. "u-um yes." finn had blushed a bright red. y/n didn't notice.

the two six year olds had stopped walking now, ending up in the field. "iwantedtotalktoyoubecauseyouarealwayswithsophiaandyoubarelyhavetimeformenow." finn rambled. "what?"

"you're always playing with sophia and i feel left out." finn had said normal pace, still fidgeting with his fingers.

"finn don't be silly! we play with you!" she said with a chuckle.

"no you don't! you always leave me out! i came first! you left me to play with sophia!"

suddenly sophia popped up between y/n and finn.
"hey! what are you talking about?"

"nothing." finn stormed off. "wait! finn-"

"come on! let's go on the swings! boys are crazy. don't chase them." "but he's my best friend.." y/n mumbled, hoping sophia didn't hear, which she didn't.

[ 2021, the mall ]

me and sophia walked into (fav store). looking for idk.

i was looking at some jeans when i heard a very familiar voice, it was a little too familiar for my liking.

i turned around, looking for sophia. when i saw a tall figure with dark, curly hair. standing next to someone, which looked familiar as well.

i stepped around, looking for sophia when i accidentally stubbed my foot on the rack. it made a loud noise and the two boys looked at me. i didn't look back.

i didn't want to make eye contact with somebody i probably knew. i saw sophia and i walked over to her, almost limping because of the pain.

after looking at a few things, me and sophia decided we were going to split the amount, and pay half and half.

when we stepped into the line to checkout, i saw the two boys again. holding a few pair of socks, and a water bottle.

"hey sophia, those two boys look very familiar, do you think we know them?" "who—oh! omg! that's finn and noah!"

"who?" "from elementary! don't you remember? us and finn were friends in like kinder. until one day-"

"oh."

"what? what's wrong?" "nothing, i just remembered something i needed to do when i get home" (me when i lie)

"oh what is it maybe i could help—"

"excuse me?" dear lord. it was him. it was finn.
"do i know you two by any chance? you seem very familiar too me."

"oh to us too! it's us! y/n and sophia from elementary"

my eyes widened. this isn't happening. why did she say that? well i actually never told her about what happend so she wouldn't know.

"oh yeah i remember them" i heard the boy behind him. i think his name was noah? i'm not sure.

"um y/n? are you okay? you seem, i don't know? drained" i was. "yeah im fine." i say looking up. making awkward eye contact with finn.

"y/n? hey, it's me, finn. do you remember me? i remember you very vividly." what a surprise..

PART TWO LATER CUZ IM LAZYYYY