Winter

1. Every winter, at least one septillion (1 and 24 zeros) snow flakes fall from the sky.
2. Winter cold kills more than twice as many Americans as summer hear does.
3. In one study, men rated pictures of women's breasts and bodies as more attractive in the winter months, while they rated pictures of women's faces the same. Researchers believe men don't see woman's bodies as much in the winter, so they're more excited when they do.
4. The Southern Hemisphere typically has a milder winters than the northern hemisphere. This is because the Southern Hemisphere has less land and more maritime climate.
5. While is seems counterintuitive, earth is actually closest to the sun in December, even though winter solstice is the shortest day of the year.
6. According to the Guinness world records, on January 28, 1887 a snowflake 15 inches wide and 8 inches thick fell in Fort Keogh, Montana, making it the largest snowflake observed.
7. Cold winter weather dulls sexual sensations, and cooler body tempuratures decrease arousal for both men and women. Interestingly, women are 30% more likely to have an orgasm if their feet are warm.
8. Chionophobia is the persistent fear of snow, especially becoming trapped by snow. The term is derived from Greek words chion and Phobos meaning "snow" and "fear"
9. A New Zealand insect called the Weta, freezes completely solid when tempuratures drop during the winter. However, when tempatures warm back up, the insect unfreezes, thaws, and resumes its activities.
10. Google searches for terms like "porn", "boobs", "xxx", and "massage Parlor" have a 6 month seasonal pattern. Specifically, they peak in early summer and around the winter holidays. Google searches for "eHarmony" and "Match.com" also peeked around these times.