3- Him

August 31st, 9:45 PM

I hop out the shower, put on my clothes, and grab my toothbrush and toothpaste out the drawer underneath the sink.

As I'm brushing my teeth, Im thinking about her. I wonder what she's doing right now. I know nothing about her. I could get to know her.

Amongst the thousands of messy thoughts I have about this girl, I get a text notification from Eve on Instagram.

Holy shit what the fuck? Immediately I start to overthink. Why is she texting me? She's never texted me before. Did she catch me staring at that cute asian girl in my class? Is she gonna confront me about it? What if she thinks I'm a pervert?

I reluctantly unlock my phone and check what it says.

hi

That's it? Just, hi?

I start to type. hey? I reply back.

The message is seen right away.

i saw you looking at me in carmicheal's today. u ain't slick 💀💀

I stop brushing my teeth, spit out the toothpaste, rinse, and run to my room as fast as I could after reading that. No way. She thinks I was looking at her. No. Way.

I finally get to my room and throw myself onto the bed. I unlock my phone again. Shit my fault, I didn't mean anything by that.

It's seen right away again. lol ur good. wyd?

Nothing much, you?

same. i'm bored af tho
u gotta gf?

I was entirely caught off guard. I've never witnessed a girl act this bold before.

nah

This time the message wasn't seen right away, so I grab my backpack to do the English prompt that I completely missed today. After around twenty minutes I receive a reply back.

why not

I don't know how to answer this one. Why is Eve even talking to me in the first place?

don't know. just didn't happen.

do u want one?

Wait. Do I? If anything, I'd want to date the asian girl in my English class.

I start to think about every aspect of her that I previously admired today at school. How pretty her hair and face is, how good her style is, how she actually pays attention enough to write the answers to the prompt Ms. Carmichael set out for us.

She's perfect. I want her. I need her.

I think for a second and then reply.
Well I wouldn't mind one

she responds,
hm okay

why?

nothing. just wondering
alr then. i'll talk to u tmr, irl this time

bet

That's where the conversation stops, and I think to myself. Weird. Eve. Texting me. She's some outgoing chick everybody thinks of as an attention whore. But this time she wants my attention.

As time goes on, my eyelids feel heavier and heavier and I slowly drift off to sleep.