2.

After 3 months....

In the cold afternoon of a tiny hill station, Kurfi, Shimla....

A women was sitting on a comfy, outdoor sofa draped in a black velvet blanket, keeping her warm from all the cold winds, slowly, munching on the one item, she believed she can cook, Maggi. Getting lost in the thoughts of one person she doesn't want to think about now, but somehow, he's always there in her dreams, in her every thought. All she thinks about is what if everything did fell in its place and he didn't marry that girl, what if they were still together, would she be pregnant by now? she chuckles as that one specific thought crosses her mind again, pregnant! She was now ready to have her own little family but the thing was that the person, she dream of having her own family with is now someone else's husband. She looks up from her bowl of Maggi to see a young boy and a gown up man, full concentrated on their "intense" game of chess. CHESS. one game after golf, Anika never understood, but now chess started to make a little more sense to her, after all her life was never less then a chess game, where she always get checkmate by that one person, who she thought was standing beside her but instead, he was an enemy disguised in a lover.

A- Sid.. Sahil come on get inside now, it's getting more chilly now. (she shouts out to the people not sitting far from her deck)

sahil- coming di.... (to Siddharth) Come on now, partner... before di (sister) cuts in pieces and eats us for diner....

they laugh aloud and sahil runs off inside whilst siddharth picks up the chess board and starts to makes his way to the deck and then settles himself on the sofa next to anika.

Sahil- di (sister) I'm going to go and shower now, and then pack.

a- okay, be careful, make sure its warm shower, its getting cold now. okay

sid- hey again Maggi....

a- you know Sid I can't cook... and this is the best I can make so deal with it...

s- (laughs a bit ) hahaha don't worry when you got this great siddharth Rana, the great chef to cook...

a- (after a pause) urmmm Sid I was thinking that me and sahil should shift now.. I mean you and your family has helped us a lot but now I don't want to be a burden on your family and you....

Sid- oh come on Anika.. you know that it wasn't a favour, it was deal between us and now that your my only friend in this misery....., I don't want you to suffer because of someone else's mistakes... and about sahil, he is studying at the best hostel, form where I studied and then sahil would follow my foot steps and go abroad to study and then he will be a great successful person just like my dad and then may be you can think about moving out okay.... (he says genuinely, as if he meant each and every single word.)

his words always held some kind of genuine care, which according to both of them was hard to find now days... and therefore, it meant way more than anything to both of them....

a- FYI, mr Rana, Sahil's parents were just some middle class people , who had a very small house and could only afford the bare minimum... and since that he doesn't require to have a teenage era like yours..... you're totally spoiling him now and that's not good....

s- omg Anika... please... don't start lecturing now and FYI sahil is not just your brother now he is mine too and about you..... I don't even know what magic you did on my family that they just love you so much now.... (Anika chuckles a little) mom called and she said I should make sure that you are here when she comes to visit gain.

a- haha jealous mr. Rana that your family loves me more than you now....

s- hahaha no it's okay.... I'm happy that your at least there now..... I mean Ahana, Jai & Adi have a great friend and mom dad has some company when we aren't there... so yea... ( he starts to take out a cigarette packet from his jeans pocket... but before, he could put it in his mouth anika snatches it and throw it on the floor)