Chapter 02

<<I grew up watching how people had a fated mate for them and ended up living happily ever after in all those romantic movies. I just want to have something the same, or who knows, something even better.... I just hope to find that person soon, and be able to make them happy until I let out my last breath.>>

It was already past noon, and the heat was still very high, exceeding thirty-five degrees Celsius, Maximo was on his way to his grandmother's house, just when he noticed that he had little time left to get there, he realized that it was a bad idea to walk, he was quite tired, not only because of the heat, but he had spent the rest of the day at the beach to enjoy his last free days in the city where he had just moved to. While walking he could not help but be amazed by how the city looked like, there was an avenue with bushes on the sides full of flowers and also big buildings with giant windows, as if they were made of pure glass, he was more and more sure that he was going to enjoy his new life as never before.

His phone started ringing, bringing him out of his beautiful thoughts, so he grabbed his phone, it was his grandmother calling him, so he had to answer it immediately.

- Sonny, where are you? about an hour ago you told me you were coming.

- Yeah, sorry, and calm down, I'm coming, I'm taking my time because I'm on foot.

- With this heat... you're going too far, Max.

- Yes... I'm sorry about that too ha, ha, but I'm really close, I can see your apartment from here.

- Okay, I'll wait for you.

What he told his grandmother was true, but not the whole truth, Maximo had an accident on the beach, well, more than an accident it was like a whole visual spectacle for him, he had carelessly collided with a boy on the beach and made him drop his ice cream, he seriously felt bad for him, but he couldn't help but be amazed by how handsome he looked with the melted ice cream on his face and chest, he started to think that it was probably a new guilty pleasure... He looked at his embarrassed expression, and that alone made his eyes fixed on him, and captivated him more and more... Until he left, and Maximo was left staring at nothing.

"The saddest thing is that for sure I won't be able to see him again, like those subway loves", thought the boy, while his heart contracted a little. He still wanted to help him, so he went to the nearest ice cream stand he could find to buy a new one for the cute boy from before, he had to apologize, the crash was not intentional, it was an accident because he was distracted, his grandmother had texted him about some things from the moving and he had to answer her because it was important.

As he took the ice cream he bought, he was amazed, a simple vanilla ice cream looked too delicious, although at the time it seemed impossible, he began to feel more guilty for his carelessness. When he was walking, the sun became more intense, he had to hurry, because the ice cream was melting, and he had to leave soon. As much as he went round and round the beach, he could not find the boy he had bumped into, so he realized that he was not going to find him, and with so many people arriving it was even worse.

- Tsk. I'm really not going to see him again? -he spoke to himself with regret and some anger- I guess I'll just have to eat this ice cream. -He said to himself, before taking the first lick.

The ice cream was definitely delicious, at least there had to be something good about that moment. As he finished eating it, he realized that it was quite late to go to his grandmother's apartment, so he hurried to the tent he rented, paid the remaining amount, grabbed his stuff and left in a hurry.

When Máximo arrived at his grandmother's apartment, he didn't hear anything, which was quite strange because his grandmother was supposed to be there waiting for him, it was as if no one had even set foot in there, so he just started calling his grandmother.