Chapter 03

The water was freezing cold as he took the shower, but being summer it was the best feeling Luka could have felt that morning, after that he put on light clothes because of how hot it was, questioning if the weather could suddenly change and start to get really cold, so he took a sweater out of his closet just in case and took it with him.

As he went down to the dining room, he heard noises coming from the kitchen, maybe it was just him or someone could really be such an idiot as to break into his house, but before he could do anything, he heard a familiar voice.

- Good morning, my puppy, how did you sleep? -It was Rosario, Luka's mother, with a smile on her face.

- Hahh... you scared me, I didn't know you guys had already arrived home, you would have warned me, anyway. Good morning, and I slept well, I had a lot of fun yesterday. -replied the son, before giving his mother a kiss.

- It's just that we were late and you were sleeping when we arrived. We'd better not raise our voices too much. Your father is upstairs sleeping a little longer.

- I'm sure it's because of the work, speaking of which, how is the company doing? I thought you would be back next week.

- Yes... in fact we are doing very well, that's why we came back early, but we will be traveling again in a few days. The sales this summer were a success, and as it looks like it will last a little longer, we will be launching a new line.

- I see, that's great news, mommy. I will see if I can help you in that new line, I just have to take some time off and ask for some permissions at the high school.

- That would be great, honey! Your dad will be happy to hear that, and you'd be a big help. Just don't neglect your studies too much. -said Carmen excited- I made you juice and a fruit salad, with lucuma yogurt, your favorite.

- Thank you, I missed your breakfasts, but I won't be able to enjoy them as usual today, I'm late for high school.

- I see, then hurry up, otherwise you'll get used to being late.

After finishing his breakfast, Luka said goodbye to his mother, grabbed his things and headed towards the institute. It would definitely be hot that day, but he felt it was a good idea to take a sweater, just in case.

While Luka was on his way to the high school, in the dorm was Maximo, who had woken up very early because of the excitement of his first day of classes in a new city, the excitement he felt reminded him of elementary school. He immediately wrote to his grandmother to ask her if they could make a video call, he wanted to see Niko before leaving, he already missed him, even though he had seen him just yesterday.

- Are you ready for today? -Carmen asked her grandson.

- Something like that, where is Niko?, I want to see him.

- Ohh I fed him a while ago, wait I'll call him. Niko, come! -Niko came running towards Carmen, which made his little paws rattle against the floor.

- There you are, hi Niko, so cute, I missed you. -He said with a smile on his face, he was calmer now.

- You should finish getting ready and go to class.

- That's right, well I'll be going then, take care Granny. Bye, Niko, I love you. -He said goodbye shaking his hand in front of his cell phone like a child, now he was ready to start his new life.

It seemed like a first day of classes like any other, classmates meeting again, sleepy students and the new ones with a giant smile or locking themselves in a bathroom because of anxiety. Anyway, it was a new day, a new year, and no one knew what awaited them, a quiet or turbulent year, each one would decide which one to take.