Chapter 4

Gautam's P.O.V.

"Hey, Ma! Where are my car keys!?" I shouted from the main door to my mother who was packing for her return to Delhi tomorrow. I had got ready about ten minutes ago and was now searching for my car keys.

"C'mon Gautam look on the table." She shouted while entering the living room

"Oh, I didn't see them there the first time.." Gautam gave an audible enough murmur.

"Okay, then, buh-bye." He said while giving his mother a peck on the cheek.

Jennifer P.O.V.

"God! You look so damn good!!!!" Drashti jumped from her comfy seat on the bed at the sight of Jennifer.

"Yeah!?" Jennifer rolled her eyes.

"Seriously Jen you need thorough boost on your self esteem. I mean look at you...", Drashti dragged Jennifer to the beautiful reflection in the mirror which looked as amazed as her replica in real life.

"I really do look good don't I?" Jennifer smiled.

"You do..." Drashti said with a glint of tear in her eye.

"Hey, hey. Drashti are you crying?"

"Yes...well, I haven't seen you this happy in long...very...long time" (The dots are not sobs but pauses)

"I guess I haven't been this happy in a long...very long time. It's like having an almost perfect life!"

"Yeah, yeah. Enough of this soap opera and get back to business. Move your a** (ass) out the door out the bedroom door and to the party." Drashti said recovering from the, well, soap opera mode.
She pushed Jennifer out the door and dragged her out of the house.

Once in the car Jennifer opened her mouth again,"Shouldn't I be 'fashionably late'?"

"Well, you WILL be 'fashionably late' 'cause you are first leaving me at my house and only the are you going to the party." Drashti spoke matter-of-factly.