chapter 253: A Small Bet Is for Fun (1)

After the emperor rewarded individual winners, it was time to reward families.

Wu family only won three competitions, level six, seven and eight.

Wu Ruo and other two cultivators walked to the family under the envy and jealous eyes.

Wu Shunren who aimed to kill Wu Ruo in the first place was so furious that his eyes turned red. He didn’t expect that that loser kept his strength as a secret. No wonder he could take part in level six competition even if he registered for level one competition. On the day of registration, Wu Ruo must have gone back to the registration and changed the level he was going to take part in after they left.

For whatever it was, he hated Wu Ruo.

After the prize giving ceremony, the chief of Wu family said, “you can make a request to me. If you can’t think of one now, you can tell me later. But remember to tell me before next year’s competition. Do you hear me?”

The other two prize winner nodded, “Yes, I do.”

The chief of Wu family asked Wu Ruo, “Wu Ruo, what about you?”

“I do have one request but only the state master can make it true.” Wu Ruo gave it a thought and answered.

Wu Chenzi assumed that it had something to do with Wu Ruo’s request from the emperor.

“What is it? You can tell me first.” The chief of Wu family had a look at Wu Chenzi and said.

“I mentioned this to his majesty and the state master was there too. So I am not going to repeat it. If it’s too difficult for you to do, then I will make another requestion and tell you later.”

“I will have a talk with the State Master. Now it’s too late. You should go back home to take a rest.” The chief of Wu family nodded and said.

“Yes.”

Everyone was dismissed.

“What is Wu Ruo’s request?” The chief of Wu family asked Wu Chenzi.

Wu Chenzi frowned, “He said his husband is interested in having a closer look at the Celestial weapon in Lianfo Temple. He can give up his majesty’s reward for that request.”

“It’s not easy to get into the pagoda. It is impossible for his majesty to grant him such a permission.” The chief of Wu family sneered.

“Yes, he didn’t.” Wu Chenzi assumed from the emperor’s reaction.

At least he didn’t agree at the very time.

“So he asked you for help since the emperor didn’t approve him? Is he up to something bad?”

“That’s what I am worried about. I have a feeling that he is plotting something.”

“Then don’t help him.”

“It may not be a bad thing. If he is plotting against us, we can use the change against him.” Wu Chenzi sneered.

“What do you want to do?”

“I have to come up with a perfect plan. Right. How many people of the sideline of Gaoling town died?”

“31 in total.”

“Not many.” Wu Chenzi frowned.

“They got vigilant later on. Therefore, it was not easy for us to make a move.”

“I bet it’s a very good chance to kill them on their way back home.” Wu Chenzi suggested.

“It has already been arranged.” The chief of Wu family said with a smile.