Chapter 3: Debriefing One

"Ladies and gentlemen,  I have to say I'm impressed. I had faith in you before . . . and now, I can see why you're called 'Devil Squadron'."

Said the officer, as everyone in the meeting room started to clap and the cheer. Then fell into silence as the man in charge raised his hand.

"The base is a little bit banged up, but, it will become whole after repair. It seems like the bombers didn't do too much damage. And that's fine with me."

A digital hologram of the base was then shown. Right beside it was a list of the damages done by the bombers. From the AA guns, all the way down to the hangers.

"As for the Woavens . . . that's a different story. I knew it was going to be a large attack group, but I didn't think it was going to be that big . . . not again, at least. Surprisingly, the last time they did something remotely close was in Highiron; a small island use as an advanced radio station."

As he finished, the digital base and it's information was gone. Replaced by an image of a radio tower.

"Highiron didn't really pose any threat. In any case, it was used primarily by civilians. However, the Woavens seemed to think it was. And send in a large squadron to destroy it. Obviously, it failed. But it just showed how much of an extra mile they will go to win a war."

The next picture shown was the same tower being surrounded by a bunch of fighter jets. From the looks of it, it took some damage. It wasn't enough to destroy it, but the holes and marks were still there.

"Nevertheless, I'm proud of you. You all saved a lot of lives. Especially you, Devil 2."

As the picture faded away, the logo of Devil Squadron shown it self. The insignia consisted of a red trident with devil horns on the left and right side. On the bottom of the insignia was small orange flames. The background was black and the white circle around it bear the words "175 Air Force Squadron "Devil." Right beside the teams insignia was Y/N's.

"I had a feeling you were capable fighter, and I was right. The deed you perform today just prove how skillful you are."

The team's combat data was then shown as blue triangles going up against red ones. The triangles were twisting and turning all around the hologram, showing just how chaotic the battle was.

"However, don't forget that you're not alone. Everyone in the squadron was pulling their weight, you're not the only one. So please, don't let it go to your head."

Right beside the combat data, was the names of each squadron member. Besides Xuan and Y/N, two unfamiliar names stuck out. Lily O'Hanraghty and Veronica Leparska. Y/N didn't see these names before, but they were a part of Devil Squadron. Although, that was no time to worry about that at the moment. They can find that out later on.

"That's all for now, dismissed."

Said the briefing officer. As everyone began to leave, the combat data was still showing. But it was being recorded, probably as a way to be used to train future recruits or as a way to train themselves. Either way, the mission has been completed. And the efforts of Devil Squadron was on full display.