Nibi no Nekomata

Nekomata is a creature from Japanese mythology story, believed to be a metamorphosis of the pet cat

Nekomata is a creature from Japanese mythology story, believed to be a metamorphosis of the pet cat. It stems from the Forest of Death in northern Hokkaido and the supposedly first discovered in the Forest of Hokkaido devil, he comes from the Forest of Death (different forest-demon) in northern Hokkaido. The shape of a giant monster black cat, who sometimes performed with two black angel wings are great. He is the God of Death pet. Nekomata live on the bodies and souls of the dead.

Legend has it, originally Nekomanta just a cat pet owners are often tortured. Once the cat reaches the age of ten years, gradually tail will split into two parts, along with the increasing power of augury (shamanism) and magic (necromancy) the cat. Some people believe these cats are usually cut them for fear of being turned into monsters.

Nekomanta have a variety of witchcraft and fortune-teller, but the most commonly used is to raise the dead with his will. Nekomata is said can create and control the death by moving the tail or the front leg movement. Nekomata eat people he hates, if the owner is more cruel, then the cat will become more sadistic. Nekomata will never forget the ordeal by someone and will hold a grudge forever on the person. When he was dead, the relatives will be visited by Nekomata and haunted by the constant. How to calm him down is to give respect, apology and foods.
Some Japanese folklore also says that Nekomanta can change shape into a human body; however, unlike most nekomusume, Nekomanta females tend to be seen as an old woman, has a bad personality, and always smelled horrible surroundings, which if inhaled in a certain period of time will cause diseases and epidemics.

In Japanese mythology the story of nine gods of war, Nekomata, which has the symbol of the element of darkness, trying to dominate the battle. He formed the alliance with Houkou Kyuubi to attack, but the effort failed and almost died in battle. In critical condition, he was rescued by the god of death. In this war, fought Nekomanta recorded in three fights, 2 wins (against Kaku and Isonade) and one defeat (Kyuubi).