**Chapter 23**

Hale's POV

Kai had been gone for an awfully long time. I thought he would have come back to the room by now but he didn't so now I have to go make the long trek down to the library to go retrieve him. Climbing out of the bed I stretched my body lazily before heading to the door. Pushing it open I walked out and into the hall making my way down to the library.

"HALE!" A voice called to me from further down the hall.

"What?" I asked turning around to find my father and Lucas running towards me with panicked expressions on their faces.

"It's Kai!" Lucas shouted at me before they even reached me.

"What about Kai? What's wrong?" I started to worry.

"He's gone. We can't find him anywhere." My father told me.

"What do you mean you can't find him? He went to the Library right?"

"That's what we thought as well but when I went in there to check on him he was nowhere to be found.” He spoke solemnly but it seemed as if there was more to the story than what he was saying.

“Is that it?” I asked suspiciously.

“No. While we were searching the library for any clues as to where he went we found a conch shell. At first we just assumed that it was just a random shell but then there was a crackling sound that came from it. After a few seconds his voice filled the room.

Quickly we picked up the shell that seemed to be emitting the sound. He began to speak quickly, rushing through all the information that he was trying to get to us. He said something about Naida, someone named Ryan, and Bryce. He said that they were keeping him locked up somewhere and that as soon as he could he’d call back. He told us to tell you not to worry too much.”

That bitch took my Kai? How dare she even set her mind to do something like that? The rage that flowed through me was hard to keep bottled up. I wanted to kill her. I wanted to kill Ryan but most of all I wanted to kill Bryce. I wanted to rip his heart out with my bare hands and crush it in front of his eyes before he died.

He was like a brother to me. I trusted him with everything that was in me and here he was betraying me. Every negative emotion flowed through me at that second. Hate. Rage. Anger. Pain. Disgust. Betrayal. Hurt. It was all there and I didn’t know what to do with it. It was all coming out too quickly for me to contain.

"Hale..." I vaguely heard my father's voice as murderous thoughts flowed my mind.

"What?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"I can feel the anger rolling off of you right now. As a god you need to be able to keep calm even in situations like this otherwise you’ll destroy the entire ocean with your rage.” He told me. To be honest all I cared about was Kai. I didn’t care that the entire ocean and whoever lived in it might be affected by me I just wanted Kai back.

“I really don’t care.” I deadpanned.

“Well you should. We don’t know exactly where he is so if you do anything stupid you might harm him as well.” He said.

“Fine. Then what do we do now?” I asked as I began pacing the hallway trying to contain my anger.

“We need to find out where he is. We already tried speaking into the conch but I suppose it’s a one way type of transmission because he doesn’t respond. We need to figure out some way of tracking him.” My father responded pensively.

“No. What we need to do is talk to Naida and that traitor.” I told him sternly.

“We already know what she wants in exchange for Kai. She wants to rule in my place. That cannot happen.” He told me.