handsome strangers

|27|
NIGHT OF MYSTERIES

TIMOTHEE CHALAMET | THEODORE HEWBURY

"AND THEN HE told me, 'enough of these crazy parties Rosie, stay at home and be safe', is Harry having a laugh?" Rose mimics as she opens a bottle.

They hadn't even gotten to their destination yet and Rose was already incredibly tipsy.

The car makes a sharp turn and she bumps into Cecilia's shoulder, they both burst into laughter unexpectedly.

"This is why I don't want children." Cecilia slurs, taking a swig of the bottle that was in Rose's hand. "The little rascals make you boring. But if you really want to sign your death warrant, get married." She jokes.

Rose sits back, smiling to herself. Her mind takes her back somewhere, to an exact moment. "I wanted to marry someone once."

"I bet you're glad you didn't! Or else, you wouldn't be able to do this." Cecilia pops her head out the window, stretching both her arms forward as the wind brushes against her face. "You wouldn't be free!"

Rose puts on a smile quickly. "Yeah. Yeah you're right."

"You two are going to be drunk before we even get there." Frances comments, pretending to be more annoyed than she was.

Cecilia pats Frances back as she sloppily sits back down. "Who shows up to places sober in London?"

Frances rolls her eyes with a grin, she directs her focus onto the driver in front. "Can this thing go any faster? We want to make it there by eleven not Christmas."

Immediately, the car speeds up and races ahead all the traffic and clutter of the dark night. It was going so fast that the buildings they zoomed past became blurry distant lights.

"This is the type of speed I need in my life!" Frances digs through her bag and fishes out a small sachet. "The magic white powder."

She puts a line on the back of her hand.

After inhaling the whole thing, she lifts her head up, her eyes widen as the rush begins. "Kensington Palace, we're coming for you!"

"Woah, go easy on that Fran." Cecilia cautions, lighting a cigarette. "Don't finish the whole thing you greedy—"

"If the Peaky Blinders think they can just waltz up to London, they're wrong." Rose stumbles up from her seat.

She sticks her head out the window, holding onto her hat.  "London is mine, it's fucking mine!"

•••

"We would've made it to London by now if you weren't so busy fucking Lizzie Stark." Arthur complains to Tommy.