gender ☆

*this is a self insert hc that i have for diluc and zhongli

a. diluc is enby (meaning he does not associate with the gender spectrum) [they/them]

b. zhongli is a demi boy (meaning that he is still on the nonbinary spectrum but is more masc.) [he/they/it]

if any of this is wrong, please correct me , i won't be offended !
______________________________________

in which zhongli and diluc come to terms with their gender together.

modern au **

modern au **

it was quiet in their shared house. zhongli had been drinking his tea in their peaceful shared silence.

that was until diluc said something out of the blue.

"you know, sometimes i just wanna have boobs."

a choking noise was heard after that.

"what do you mean by that?" he asked, being more than just caught off guard. "it's like, i want to have all gender body parts, or just none at all. i don't feel like being a guy or a girl."

zhongli let out what seemed to be a sigh of relief. "you know, i suppose i understand how you feel", he began, sharing a glance with him. "i feel a bit uncomfortable being called a male all the time".

diluc nodded quickly at that statement, he (if you could even call him that) understood that too well. another quick moment of silence passed by before something else was said.

"what are we then?" diluc pondered,  he was sure zhongli must know something about it, even just a bit of an idea. and unsurprisingly enough, he did.

"well it differs between us.. i feel masculine mostly, but sometimes i like to feel neutral and in between the spectrum. but what about you?"

"i just don't associate with anything. but i don't know how others would address me since everyone calls me sir?"

"you can be called whatever you please, mx is suggestion you know. for mrs, mr, you get it right?"

"yeah but, i don't like how that sits with me."

"try royalty terms? like 'liege'" zhongli joked. but diluc actually liked that.

"seriously? what are some others?"

he was a little shocked but a small grin spread on his face as he gave some names.

majesty, eminence, lord, they were quite extra but diluc had a bit of an ego to him anyways so one of them would fit. but then it occurred to him that they never discussed zhongli's gender.
[a/n; got these nicknames of a youtube video called "nonbinary terms with xingqiu" (i think)]

"what do you think you'll go as? gender and pronouns."

his answer wasquick, like he'd already been thinking about it (which he had). "demi boy, he/they/it pronouns please. they/them for you though, correct?"

they nodded, it knew them so well.  "uh can you.. explain a demi boy for me though?" they asked quietly.  the other was so much more knowledgeable about general things.

be it gods, anthropology,  bugs, he knew a bit of everything.

"in a way i'm a bit like you. i identify on the male and agender spectrum". diluc understood that much, they were at least a big knowledgeable about sexuality and gender.

"can i still call you my boyfriend li? or is boyfriend and partner okay?" he gave him a genuine smile as they nodded, confirming their question."

the lovers had seemingly dropped the topic until diluc — of course it was them overthinking — had yet another question.

"what's our sexualities then..?"

they had decided diluc was gay (mlm/nblm) and zhongli–well it'd stay unlabeled in that aspect for a while.

[they realized the next week he was uranic (attracted to males and male presenting nonbinary people)].

++ I HOPE U GUYS LIKE THIS!!! ITS MY BDAY AND I WANTED TO WRITE ZHONGLUC BUT ALSO ABOUT ME AT THE SAME TIME ?!?!?!? also BTW im self inserted into diluc,  being nblm and nonbinary and zhongli is sort of like my lovely bf