Round Two

Y/N pov

I have not moved from Loki's side since he returned from space. Two days later, I was looking at his hand and thinking about my last hang out with Bucky. The night before Loki and I headed over to Tony and the compound that we currently reside in. We had hung out together in his room. I used my computer to watch one of our favourite movies from before the war. 

"I remember when we first saw this movie in theatres, you were so excited you were basically jumping in your seat," Bucky laughs. "Two rows in front of us, your crush Freddie was sitting with his friends!" 

At this point we are both laughing as we reminisce about our old life, "Yes well it's not like I had guys lining up out the door," I respond.

"Only because I scared them all off before they could get close," Bucky responds which makes me laugh.

Half way through the movie we were two bags of popcorn down as I started to fall asleep a little bit. Bucky saw and grab a blanket to put on me, "No point in pretending your not tired sis,"

"Ya huh," I mumbled as I yawn.

He chuckles as I fall asleep with my head on his shoulder. In the morning we got up and made waffles with Steve and Nat. As I smile about that memory I feel movement that pulls me out of my thoughts.

Loki's eyes begin flutter as he suddenly jumps up and tenses for a fight. He had regained majority of his weight thanks to his Jotehneim heritage. "Hey you're alright, we're back at the compound with the rest of everyone How are you feeling?" I say as his breathing calms down.

All that I get is a heavy sigh and a shrug of his shoulder. he grabs me two hands and gently brings me up onto his chair. He wraps his arms around me as I inhale his familiar scent. "We will get through this, eventually." I tell him.

He looks at me clearly noticing my lack of sleep from the past month, "Darling, you should get some rest. I'll stay here with you alright?"

We both settle into his bed as I fall asleep, having the most rest I have gotten in a month. 

Loki pov

I can't believe that Y/N, Thor and I survived. I am distraught over the loss of mother, father, Heimdall and too many others to count; however I know if I did not have those two with me I would not be nearly as stable as I am at the moment. It is abundantly obvious that Y/N did not rest while I was sleeping, not to mention how she was when I was in the-

"I see you are awake," I am pulled from my thoughts as Steve enters the room.

I gently readjust so I still have Y/N in my arms but I am facing the door as she still has her head on my chest. Good thing she is too tired to be easily woken up, "Indeed I am, how was she when ... well you know."

Steve puts a hand through his hair as he leans on the door frame, "The worst I have ever seen," He whispers with a haunted look in his eyes. "We almost lost her after the snap for complicated reasons. If she had it her way, she would be 6 feet under at the moment. After that she never talked to anyone aside from consoling anyone in a mental break down, once the healer-"

"Always the healer" We say together with a chuckle.

"She was in such bad denial, she just stayed on the couch looking for anything new that could be related to Thanos, you, Tony or Peter. We all knew she couldn't keep going on with her hopes like that, so we finally got her into your room in which reality hit her like a bus. She cried for the first time since the snap and then it got worse. She stayed in you and hers bed all day and night, only coming out for ... supplies. She went through two midgaurdian bottles of hard liquor at least everyday. That went on for a week straight before you came, thank god. Tony was the first one to actually put a lid on the bottle in her hand. Then you showed up right after and she was by your side since then." Steve states.