CHAPTER 2: PUNISHING

"Blaire, sit up and look at me right now," Quackmore said. Blaire shook her head. "Blaire, I told you to do something so you better do it," he said. Blaire sat up on the bed. "Listen, your mother and I talked and you're grounded for two months," he said. "What? That's not fair," Blaire said. "I think it is fair. You worried your mother and I and you made me miss more than half a day of work. I could have been fired from my job because of your recklessness," he said. She hugged him. "I'm sorry daddy," she mumbled into his chest. Her shoulders shook as she started to cry. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her onto his lap. He held her as she cried. "It's alright princess," he said. She held onto him tightly. He didn't want to let go because the Beagle Boys almost killed her. He couldn't tell Hortense because he didn't want to stress her out and have her go into premature labor. He tucked her in when she fell asleep. She was already in her pajamas for the night. He smiled at her. 

He left the room and put the twins to bed. They had all eaten dinner by now. He told Hortense to go lay down for the night. She had a long day of being on her feet. She was exhausted and she wanted to sleep. Being pregnant was hard for her. She needed to rest for the baby and herself. When he got into the room that he shared with her, he saw that she was struggling to take her shoes off of her swollen and aching feet. He help her. 

"Here, let me help you take your shoes off, honey," he said. "Thank you, Quackmore," she said and swung her feet up onto the bed. He took her shoes off. She got up and went into the bathroom to get ready for bed. He got ready for bed himself. She came out of the bathroom and laid down on the bed. He laid down next to her and pulled the blankets up over the two of them. He put his arms around her. She put her hands on her stomach. "It's time, Quackmore," she said. "It's time for what?" he said. "It's time for this new baby to come. I just had a contraction," she said. "We have to get you to the hospital," he said. They got up and went to the hospital after Matilda had come to watch the kids. She had a few contractions before getting to the hospital.