CHAPTER 4: HOME

A few days later, Hortense was able to go home with the new baby. Quackmore named the baby Cornelius. The baby baby was calm when coming home. She held the baby, trying not to allow him to get hurt by his older siblings. The twins came to greet them at the door. Blaire was upstairs in her room. She didn't want another sibling. She had a big enough family as it was. She was just not having a good day was all. All that she wanted to do was hide under her covers on her bed and cry by herself. She was just tired of being the big girl. 

"Where's Blaire?" Quackmore asked once Hortense was settled on the rocking chair in the living room. "She's upstairs in her room," Matilda said. "I'll go talk to her and get her to come down," Quackmore said. "No, I will do that Quackmore," Hortense said. "What?" Quackmore said. "You heard me," Hortense said. Hortense pulled herself up from the rocking chair carefully. Hortense went upstairs with the baby in her arms. 

"Blaire, honey, your father and I are home," Hortense said, quietly walking into Blaire's room. There was no movement from Blaire. Blaire just laid on the bed. "Blaire, sit up and look at me," Hortense said. Blaire reluctantly sat up on the bed. "Blaire, do you want to meet your new baby brother?" Hortense said. The girl nodded but said nothing. Hortense came closer to Blaire. "Blaire, meet your baby brother, Cornelius Toby Duck," Hortense said, moving the blanket away from away from the baby's face. "He's so tiny mommy," Blaire said. "I know," Hortense said. "I'm sorry for going downtown, mom, I'll never do it again without your permission," Blaire said. "I know you won't. You have to understand that there are dangers in Duckburg and your father and I want to protect you kids," Hortense said. "I understand, mom," Blaire said. They didn't how that Quackmore was watching them from the doorway of the room. He left the room and went downstairs to make dinner.