Chapter 2

How to Embrass Yourself 101: Myren's Pov

Myren, niece you need to relax. 

Auntie placed a wispy paw on my right arm, halting my continuous tapping of the wheel. I sheepishly smiled at her, willing my finger to stop.

"I am just nervous, Auntie Dan." 

Of, what? The way they looked at you when you opened your eyes made it seem like you were their world, as if they'd never harm you. 

I looked over at her incredulously as I made the turn up a driveway,"Auntie I think your eyes have mistaken." 

No, they haven't. You are just blind.

I stopped and parked my Impala behind the group's car and turned to my aunt,"What if I mess up? What if they don't like me? Auntie, I have never been good at making friends."

Tap. Tap. 

I jumped in my seat and turned to see a grinning Paul, at least that is the name I believe he told me. She never answered me, I huffed and pulled on my seat belt to get it off as I opened the door and stepped out. 

"Scared ya?" He questioned.

"No." I quickly replied.

"Really? Didn't seem like it? Looked like you almost shit yourself." He smirked as I followed him to the doorway of the pleasant small and cozy home.

"Anybody would 'shit' themselves if they had been surprised by your ugly mug." I retorted and pushed my way past him, missing the slight look of hurt. 

The smell of grilled meats, lasagna, baked goodies, and crisp salads wafted into my nose. Jared (I hope that is his name… Goddess I need to memorize better) moved towards me and directed me to an empty chair before sitting next to me. 

"You must be Myren!" A cheerful, warm voice spoke from behind the kitchen island. 

I tried to peer over it from the seat to get a better view of the feminine voice. Long, silken, shiny, black hair came into view and along with it a marred face. Wolf. I thought to myself, that was the mark of a werewolf. Their height, and muscle mass as well as their enlarged appetites, they must be werewolves. Odd? Can they not tell I am not human?

Niece do not stare! 

Snapping back to the conversation,"Yes, I am indeed. May I have your name, ma'am?" I questioned politely. 

"Of course, it's Emily Young." She smiled at me, placing an absolutely delicious looking baked chicken onto the counter. She laughed to herself softly.

"You speak so eloquently. It's quite beautiful." Emily complimented.

"Yeah, it's real fancy sounding." Embry added with a mouthful of food as a few of the boys shook their heads in agreement.

"Do you mind me asking where you lived before?" Sam asked gently, almost as if he feared asking the wrong questions could make me leave. I furrowed my brows.

"I do not believe it is on any map, nor is it known to many humans since it is much of a forgotten land." 

This halted all movement.

"What do you mean?" Jacob questioned in a hard tone.

"Simply, that all human records of my home have been eradicated during the Black Plague and my home name will not be anything you know." I elaborated further.

"Sorry, it's just the way you phrased it. It's almost like you're implying we aren't human- in a way." Sam continued. Oops. 

"Um...well, yes? Are you not all werewolves, with the exception of Emily Young." I looked down at the hardwood table, noticing the fine scrapes, and chips in it.