Chapter 3

Whirlwind Bella:

The Northwest Side is cleared.

Seth communicated with Sam, as we both turned around and began running back to the 'pack house'. The trees blurred together as me and him quickened our pace, jumping over trunks and rocks that stuck out in weird angles. Our paws pounded on the dirt, leaving only our tracks behind. My heart beat pounded in my chest, the wind ruffling through my red fur as I ran faster.

Race you! 
Was all Seth told me before he increased speed and tried to outrun me. 

You're on, pup!
There wasn't any way I'd lose to him, he's still young and getting used to being a wolf. I have the advantage to win. Plus, if I win there will be bragging rights that I can use to impress Myren.

Haha, no way. I'll be the one to win and brag to her. Seth said to me.

I ignored him and spiraled into my own thoughts and realized I was happy, content even. Ever since Myren came into not only my life but the packs I've felt good. Besides the arguments and fights that break out because we are still just adjusting to sharing one person, everything is good. Sam has been working on a schedule that works with Myren's free time so we get to spend equal time with her.

My wolf purred in excitement from the thought of just seeing her again. Her short, layered black hair, pink soft lips and pale skin made her warm dark hazel eyes stand out. Her pale skin and warm smile made me feel safe and home. She was a beauty, to us - no matter what anyone else ever says. 

Haha! Yes, I'm winning!

Oh, no you're not Seth! 
My paws hit the ground harder as I jumped off a small ledge and over Seth, gaining more ground and running quicker. The house came into view, victory was close.

Jake, watch out!

I didn't get time to react, heavy weight was shoved onto me and I rolled stopping inches from the back porch. 

Oops. 
A dark silver wolf's smirk was shoved in my face. 

Paul. You little piece of sh-

"Guys, you made the whole house shake,"A soft laughter echoed out as the backdoor creaked closed,"Oh Goddess, Jacob!" 

She moved towards me, her lips turned to a frown as she inspected me from a distance. Debating on whether she should approach before deciding on giving me a small smile and running her fingers through my fur. 

How humiliating…

Haha! You bet! Paul's thoughts filled my head, making me pissed. He moved over and followed behind Myren as she moved towards the door, still having not phased and gave me a smirk. Well, as close to a smirk a wolf can give. 

Angry, I snapped at him and gave a loud bark. Myren jumped a bit and I instantly felt bad for having frightened her. Last thing I ever wanted was to have my imprint ever fear me or see me as some sort of freaky monster. I lowered my body to the ground and pulled my ears back, showing her I didn't mean to frighten her.

"What's going on?" Sam bellowed as the back door creaked open and swung shut with a bang. Quill and Embry followed behind him while carrying clothes for us to wear, Sam made his way to Myren's unoccupied side and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. 

"It is fine, Sam. No need to get angry with anyone, I am unharmed." Myren motioned to her body trying to prove her point. Sam's face did not change as he continued to talk to her while Quill and Embry laid out the clothes for us to wear. 

I'm gonna phase. Leah said.

Same, I'm kinda of hungry. Paul said as he turned and moved behind the green pine trees, I followed with Seth on my tail. I focused as the feeling of phasing as cold water ran down through my spine, phasing me into a human once more. I grabbed the navy blue shorts from off the forest floor and put them over my nude bottoms.