Chapter 6

I dedicate this chapter to my first best friend, Jay. Love ya! *lights a candle* (Is it a bit too un-me?)

'This place is......'

I looked around.

The sand rustled beneath my feet. There is also an old, shriveled tree and a dry lake.

Everything was desolate.

– Awaken me.

I heard a mysterious voice inside my head. It was a low voice that belonged to a man.

'I know this place.'

I walked slowly towards the shriveled tree. The large branches were up so high as if to reach the sky.

Below that...... someone is leaning on the tree.

It was the soul that left its own body... Claudia.

– Only you can awaken me.

This place is inside the spirit mirror.

Where spirits are sealed.

I slowly turned my head. When I looked behind my back, I saw the five-colored glow.

* * *

'Ah......'

I had a stomachache, but the pain is now gone.

I feel like I had a dream......

I pried my eyes open.

"Roselia!"

I blinked several times.

When my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw Alexis, the duke and the duchess staring at me.

'They look worried......'

The duke and duchess's forehead were creased and there were bags under their eyes. The duke's lips formed a straight line.

I could tell that they're worried about me even though his face remained cold and impassive.

When I turned my head to look at the surroundings, I saw pink canopies hanging on both sides.

'A bed? Where am I?'

I was lying on a huge bed.

It was big enough that I won't fall off even if I roll five times on just one side.

"Are you up?"

The duke asked me.

'Is he worried about me......?'

I remembered that my stomach felt hot and painful at the same time. It was different from a normal stomachache.

There's someone who cares about me.

When I woke up, I didn't have to endure the sadness of being alone.

When I opened my eyes, I immediately saw someone who was worried about me.

The thought made my heart ache.

'Why are they looking at me like that when they've only known me for a day......?'

I don't know how to control my facial expression right now.

I bit my lip and blinked my eyes.

It felt like my heart was being rubbed with soft cotton.

"M'lady, I am Barten, the family doctor. Do you happen to feel any more pain?"

"Uhm...... cough!"

My throat was parched and I coughed as I tried to answer. My throat stung a little when I coughed.

Alexis looked at me worriedly.

"Don't force yourself. It's okay to answer once you already can."

The duchess dissuaded me from speaking.

"M'lady, what do you usually eat at the orphanage?"

'It's not like Asteria and Kate don't feed me, it's just that when they're away....... They leave me and Lia at the orphanage'.

There's no way I could've eaten such proper and delicious foods at the orphanage.

"Yam, cough, cabbage soup...... and potatoes. That's all."

I also explained that the cabbage soup was mostly composed of salt and water. Sometimes, almost just water.

"Hmm, I see. The problem is that you suddenly consumed so much nutrition. The cream was especially bad for your stomach."

'Ack, but it was so delicious......! I almost felt it was Kate's cooking.'

"For the time being, you should only take my prescribed medicine and have a light diet."

So he's saying that my body is not used to it yet, that's why I threw up and fainted. I've been starved so much that I greedily ate all those delicacies.

'It's because of that orphanage. They ruined my body and now, I can't eat delicious foods.

We were transferred to different orphanages many times. However, everywhere we went, they had child abusers. And Asteria and Kate didn't know about this.'

The orphanages that tried to abuse us deserve to disappear.

"You haven't woken up for almost two days, so all of us were worried."

No way. I haven't woken up for nearly two days......

I used to cough lightly and feel nauseous because of my weak body, but I've never been down for this long.

'Was everyone...... really worried about me?'

Are they angels? I was starting to entertain the idea, but I immediately dismissed the thought. They have an intention.

They brought me here for a purpose, so it was only natural for everyone to worry if I suddenly collapsed.

Sudden death from too much nutrition!

I had a momentary imagination of my face on a newspaper while throwing up. Such a phrase might even get printed on the front page.

Yeah, the first day went so well that it won't make sense if I suddenly died.