Chapter 2

I slowly pack my things in my suitcase. I didn't have much, so it didn't take long. "Maxwell!!" I heard from the first story yet again. Got dammit, I already have a headache. "Yes?" I yell back. "Get your ass down here, we can't have you missing your plane in the morning!"

I'm taking a plane? Wow, fancy. "Coming!" I shout. I grab my things and run downstairs. "Are one of you taking me?" I asked. "Well I suppose. We don't want anybody thinking we're horrible parents, the Johnson's already suspect something is going on." My father answered looking at my mother. She scowled. "Don't look at me. I can't drive right now." She said while holding up a bottle of Smirnoff. My father facepalmed before turning and looking at me. "Get in the car." He shouted. I nodded and made my way to the car. I put my things in the trunk and plopped down into the passenger seat. I watched as my father walked out the wooden front door, yelling at my mother before slamming it shut. He stomped to the driver's door and threw the door open. He sat down, shut the door, and drove the key into the ignition. The car started up after he turned it. As he put the car in reverse and backed out of the drive way he spoke, "I hope you know it's your fault that your mother and I no longer love one another."

"Okay." I responded while rolling my eyes. I didn't really care what this fossil had to say about my ass.

He threw the car into drive. "Maybe when you're finally gone your mother and I can rekindle our forgotten love that you took from us 16 years ago." He laughed at his "joke".

"Yeah, let me know how that turns out." I responded while feeling around for a pack of cigarettes I stole from mom. When I found it I dug in my pockets for a lighter. I lit my cigarette and rolled down the window. My father noticed what I had, and reached his hand over. I sighed and handed him a cigarette. "Get comfy boy, the airport is a long while away." He said while lighting his cigarette.