𝘕- ᵉᵛⁱᵈᵉⁿᶜᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵍᵒᵃˡˢ

Tɪᴍᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʟᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ.
~ Aɴᴏɴ

Chifuyu carried himself to the grave of none other than his good friend, Baji Keisuke.

It was Christmas, he had to pay a visit. Plus he had to decipher his jumbled thoughts, who would be better than his best friend who had always been a great listener.

He knew his dream was real.

Because not only did it seem genuine but also he had the perfect evidence (all though it was hard to believe at first).

Well...

At first, Chifuyu hesitated with his vision believing that the strange illusion from the past was an unusual fantasy.

Yet, lo and behold, there Chifuyu stood, immediately in front of his best friend's burial, reaching into the pockets of his "Toman" coat and finding a pure gold ring.

The inner side of the ring was carved with an ancient language.

Previously, he thought to himself either the handwriting was terrible or he was plain stupid. It was only until he truly couldn't understand a single letter that he concluded it was an old dialect.

Of course, his mind weirdly veered off to the parallel dimension pondering on whether his ring finger once adorned the elegant piece of jewellery.

Maybe it was his wedding ring.

Did (Y/n) have one too?

Wait no... Last he remembered she didn't wear her wedding ring.

Damn, that's just sad, he thought to himself

Why would he see Mikey's death?

Was it even real? No, it can't be.

Why did his past life have to be so miserable!

"Ouch, my head hurts," He muttered to himself.

(Y/n)...

His spouse in that life, on the other hand, presently, had no person to call his significant other.

His wife didn't love him and her lover was executed. Now that lover of hers was his leader and she was nowhere to be found.

It was all cluttered up... The flashing memories at one point were meaningless to glimpse since they passed by too blurry.

He contemplated whether he was going insane from learning his best friend could time travel that he visualized himself with a power of that sort.

Fuck. It was no use...

But he knew whatever happened in this timeline: bloody Halloween, the fight with Taiju, it was all real. They weren't some bizarre flashbacks.

His best friend's grave being enormous proof.

Silently, Chifuyu scanned with his puffy eyes (from the cold) his surroundings, green eyes gliding over the snow-covered cemetery.

Snowflakes gracefully danced their way to his eyelashes and the faux blonde hair.

Hastily, pulling out his flip phone, his fingers fumbled with the dial pad before he heard the ringing of the other line.

"Chifuyu?"

"Takemicchi... I want to tell you something. Meet me at Baji-san's tomb"

"Sure, I'll be there in 10"

Beep!

Takemicchi declined the call, giving Chifuyu a sense of relief about being able to confide to somebody who would understand his dilemma.

Knowing Takemicchi, who was also true to his words, he came on the dot.

Not even a minute or two late as he approached Chifuyu, the hail crunching and crushing beneath his feet.

Their breaths had turned like a dragon from the coarse climate. The cold air made it irritatingly hard to look upright without it piercing Takemicchi and Chifuyu's navy and mint green eyes, respectively.

With a deep breath, Chifuyu began.

"You aren't going to believe this but... Once upon a time, I was married...."

“Wait, for real? You–You saw the p–”

“Past. Yes, yes I did. So all we need to do now is easy. Search for her and protect Mikey no matter what," Chifuyu said, straightening out their priorities.

His fingers rolled the ring that he showed his friend as evidence.

Takemicchi shouldn't be so taken back from the situation since he was a time-traveller himself. Yet, the coincidence that his best friend could also do the same made him a bit uneasy.

Though he didn't know why.

Takemicchi softly slapped the bottom of his fist in his open palm with a wondrous look.

"I see," He chirped, "Was I also in your past?" He inquired curiously.

As soon as Takemicchi asked him, Chifuyu's mind flashed back to a hazy image of a person standing amongst the crowd attending the royal wedding at church.

"I-I don't know," Chifuyu answered, mind-boggled from the fact that it landed in that very scene.

Takemicchi nodded in comfort.

"That's okay. And I understand, bro, don't sweat it," He gave an enormous smile that lit up the dark and eerie cemetery.

Ring! Ring!

Ring! Ring!

Chifuyu's flip phone vibrated, so harshly to the ringtone, that it scare the living daylight out of both of them; it was hilarious the way they yelped in sync.

Quickly, Chifuyu flipped open his phone.

"Hello? Ah, Mitsuya-san! Yeah yeah... No, it's okay he's here with me... Uh-huh... Wait like- right now?... Sure! We'll be there... Yes, sir, we're in our uniforms... Okay, bye."

Takemicchi eyeballed his friend in wonder with his eyebrows scrunched up.

"Mitsuya-san is calling us to an urgent meeting"