6

"If they find us up here- Well, no, screw that: if he finds me here, I doubt it would be pretty" Kaede looked down from her position, at the alley in which pirates and marines fought. It wasn't a surprise, not even when they had gotten to that island not two hours ago and they were already fighting the first and second division of the Whitebeard's pirates. Well, it was not like she could say she was fighting, since Marco had thought of the brilliant plan of dragging her inside on of the apparently abandoned buildings. It was almost a game of tag, really, what had brought them to the last floor with an excellent view of the fight they should be taking part of. There only was a tiny, little voice on the back of her head that prayed no one could see them from down there.

"Bakainu?" He snorted, trying to guess who she meant as he swung his legs over the edge of the half destroyed window he was using as a seat, a smirk appearing on his face in a flash when he saw and heard said main screaming profanities to his brothers, a sign of perfect health when it came to that horrible man "Nothing I can't take care off after"

"And you ask why I call you peacock" She laughed, sitting as well but leaning against the frame of the same window, carefully crossing her legs and holding them with both hands for support, even thought it was not going to help at all if she happened to fell. Not that it would be a problem, she could always fly before touching the ground "You are such a show off"

"You are not saint yourself, Lieutenant Kaede" The woman raised an eyebrow at his words, but the mock in his eyes was unmistakable, so she rolled her eyes at that. That sort of comments were a joke now, she couldn't even remember the last time she actually got annoyed by one of them- Maybe they had been like that all the time, because she couldn't remember the first time either. It had been so long that she couldn't recall such things anymore, so she expected herself to stop wondering soon enough "If I remember correctly, you are the one that always comes flying to our ship when your superiors want to fight us in the sea"

"You do it as well!"

"Never said I didn't" They both laughed at that.

"So?" The pirate looked at the marine, and she slightly smiled, leaning the side of her head against her own left shoulder, breeze brushing her face as a reminder of how high they were "What are we doing here? I mean, the view it's great and everything, but do you have a reason to actually kidnap me?"

"Kind of a thing of the moment" Marco shrugged, slightly tilting his head to one side "And you can say that I'm bored of hearing Bakainu's speech about how I am scum of the sea and therefore do not have the right to breath the same air as the rest of the population" A smirk crossed his lips again, and a snicker followed it. She would have liked to roll her eyes at those words, but a smile almost immediately could be seen in her lips.

"They can accuse me of treason if they see me talking with you like this" And even if her words were true, even when they both knew it so well it was actually boring to recall it, she kept smiling and he didn't really move. Because even when it basically was a risk to her career as a marine, it was a risk that she was willing to take- It was a risk that he was willing to take with her even if that meant to fight the rear admiral, or Vice Admiral Garp, or the two of them simultaneously, because half of the fault was his for letting his 'friendship' last for so long.

"What? We will fight" He stated matter-of-factly, watching the fight with an almost amused look. He could see his brothers fighting, but since he knew they were going to be fine he wasn't worried at all. So after a second Marco glanced at Kaede again, smiling sideways like he would always do before or after a fight without fail, looking most carefree than he allowed himself to be. Maybe it was something that he could only be in two moments: when he was with his 'family', and when he was with Kaede "Just not now" And, of course, she smiled at that.